Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 30 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:59 pm

"Yeah."  Lex turned and walked out.  "Don't die while we're gone."

When Night finished eating, he climbed up and snuggled in his favorite spot under Ashton's chin at his neck.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 30 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:02 am

Gaster didn't respond to that. At the rate he was eating, or rather, not eating, the once great scientist would probably start losing a lot of weight.

Ashton laughed a little and let the kitten be there until he fell asleep. Only then, did Ashton transfer the sleeping Night to Ashton's bed and got ready for the meeting for Lex.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:04 am

Lex snorted and checked to make sure everyone was in bed before heading upstairs.  "Ready to go?" he asked Lex.

True soon returned dressed in his PJs and hair still wet.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:08 am

Ashton nodded. "Ready when you are." He pulled a dark jacket on and zipped it up halfway.

Gaster was now laying down in his bed, but his eyes were still open. He was not asleep yet. Far from it, actually.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:52 am

"Hey, Dad," True yawned, wincing as he gingerly pulled himself into bed beside Gaster.  "How are you feeling?"

Instead of his usual trench coat, Lex pulled on a black hoodie and rolled up his coat and carried it under his arm.  "Let's go."  He headed out, going in the wrong way.  He kept to the streets for once, slinking along through the shadows.  Once he felt he was a safe distance away, several blocks from home, Lex shed his hoodie and stashed it before pulling on his trademark coat and heading to the rooftop.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:58 am

"Mm." Gaster responded softly and indecisively.

As faithfully as he was when they were in their old territory, Ashton stuck to Lex like a shadow. A sense of nostalgia flowed through him as he followed Lex to the roofs and followed him to the meeting spot.

Echo took a deep breath and returned to meet Tramp. She had gotten some more weed, and had planned to give it to the redhead. If he thought she already paid him, Echo planned on giving it to Tramp as payment for helping her tonight. She had no use for the stuff, other than as a means of payment. She walked with Tramp on the streets until she was a couple blocks away from the meeting site, before she hugged her friend more for her own courage's sake, before she climbed to the roofs to roof hop the rest of the way. It did ease her mind a bit to know Tramp was nearby.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:06 am

True sighed and pulled Gaster close in a tight hug.  He intended to sleep that way, holding Gaster.

Lex prowled along the rooftops expertly.  His time in "retirement" hadn't dulled his senses at all.  He spotted the girl making her way to the meet sight and slowed, letting her get there first.

Tramp was nervous and more than a little scared.  He smoked through an entire pack of cigarettes from just before Echo picked him up to where they were supposed to meet.  He finished his last cig and ground it out under his shoe.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:13 am

Gaster didn't care. He had been very apathetic the past couple of days.

Echo reached the site and tried to slow her racing heart or calm her nervous quirks. She crouched on the roof to make herself smaller as she waited. That way, if someone cared to glance up, it would be even harder to see her, and also make her a harder target to hit in general.

Ashton found a vantage he liked and melded into the shadows. He could see the meeting clearly, even though he was just far enough away to not hear what was being discussed. However, he was quite close enough to respond quickly if need be.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 am

Lex stepped onto the roof calm and in control.  "Hello again, little roof rabbit.  I wasn't sure I'd be seeing you again."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:18 am

Echo nodded some. "We did arrange to meet. And... I, ah, wanted to thank you for earlier." She looked down. "Y-you didn't have to step in like that with Heath, but thank you."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:20 am

"Seemed like the thing to do at the time," Lex answered calmly.  "You certainly did pay me well for it."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Echo nodded and looked down. She wordlessly handed him a small wooden box. "Here is what I owe you from earlier. I'm sorry it's not as good of quality as what I got from Heath, but it's the best I could find with him out of the picture..."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Lex didn't take it.  "You already gave me what I asked for."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Echo paused a moment but nodded and put it back in her pocket. She would see if Tramp wanted it then. Echo shifted awkwardly. "You're.... the Shadow... right?" She asked quietly. "Red hair, moves unseen like a shadow, helps maintain balance in the street life, and isn't that your shadow back there? The one who can't be hurt?" She gestured in Ashton's direction subtly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:33 pm

Lex studied her for a long moment.  "The Shadow is dead," he said, turning away.  "Black Jack shot him off a building.  The only balance I keep is on my feet."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:35 pm

Echo nodded slowly. She didn't seem entirely convinced, but even if he had told her, she wouldn't betray any secrets like that. She didn't believe in dealing in secrets. It felt wrong to her.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:51 pm

"If you come across any more like what Heath had, leave a white stone on that ledge," Lex said, pointing.  "I'll see it and meet you that night.  One more thing.  Tell your own shadow that it helps when trying to go unnoticed not to smell like an ashtray."  He moved off, heading to the ledge.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:54 pm

"Wait," Eccho asked. "Can... can I know a name to call you?" She would keep his words in mind though, and remember the huge favor he paid her in taking care of Heath.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:08 am

Lex hesitated.  "I don't have one," he finally told her.  "Name me what you will."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 am

Echo shifted on her feet before she nodded. The small and slender woman then slid down to the ally below to meet up with Tramp.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:58 am

Lex turned and headed off to meet Ashton, frowning slightly but not as annoyed as usual.

"Well?" Tramp hissed nervously, bouncing on his heels and twitching.  He needed his fix and soon.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:46 am

Ashton came out of the shadows as Lex approached. "Everything go good?"

Echo handed Tramp the weed Lex declined. "Here. He wasn't interested unless it was Heath quality, and you know I can't really use this stuff. Besides, please take it as payment for coming with me."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:02 am

"Went good.  Set it up if she has something to sell, she can sell to me," Lex told him.  He moved along quietly.  "She figured out who I was.  Asked me for a name."

Tramp took it and breathed in deep.  "I'll accept it.  And you're welcome.  And can we go now?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:05 am

"What'd you tell her?" Ashton asked, keeping pace with his friend.

Echo nodded. "Of course." She hesitated. She didn't normally ask this of anyone, but she trusted Tramp more than most. "If it's all right.... can you walk me part of the way to one of my safe houses? After what happened with Heath, I've been more on edge when I'm alone..."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:10 am

Lex shrugged.  "I told her I didn't have one.  What else was I supposed to say?"

"Uh, yeah, sure, that'll, yeah," Tramp agreed, picking up the pace.  "It's on my way, so, yeah.  Yep."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next