Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 24 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Lex walked in silence, focused on preserving strength.  He was better, but not up to par yet.  He led the way to the corner store first where he spent his few pennies on cheap liquor and cigarettes. Except for one carton of nice cigs.  These would do nicely.  He left and headed toward his old turf, keeping his head down but walking casually as though just a guy and a kid.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 24 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Sam was very curious now. What were they doing here?

There was already evidence that someone else had already claimed the territory from Black Jack. However, this new person seemed a lot more conservative than Black Jack.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:21 pm

The crows never stopped circling, did they?  Lex slipped into the warehouse, indicating Sam stay back.  All the bodies were still there.  The bad element knew about the deaths, but the cops would take a while.  Turning to Sam, Lex told him, "If you're okay with corpses, you can come in.  If not, stay out here."  He didn't wait for a decision before heading back inside.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Sam slipped in after Lex. He ignored the corpses for the most part. "What are we looking for?" He asked quietly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:30 pm

"You are looking for this," Lex told him, showing him his last joint he'd saved since the day Sam had found him.  "This and any loose bags of green you can find.  And money.  Get to it."  He turned and took the beer from the carton.  Without preamble, he threw the bottles at the floor and walls.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:34 pm

Sam nodded and started to check the bodies slowly. He wasn't thrilled about this, but he wanted to help Lex out. He found some money and one joint.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:40 pm

Les finished scattering the cigarettes around then pokes around.  He found a couple of bags of the loose leaves and carried them to the center of the room.  One bag was, in his high standards, trash and he tossed it on the pile.  The other was almost good, so he kept that and took the joint from Sam.  This was nice stuff!  Nice. 
Lex lit up a cheap cig and took a few puffs.  Once it was good and started, he tossed it on the floor.  The alcohol ignited and it spread.  "Let's go, kid."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:42 pm

Sam nodded and followed close on Lex's heels. He watched the hypnotic flames spread as they left.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:44 pm

Lex took him three or four buildings away and led him up to the roof.  Sitting, he lit up the joint and took a deep inhale.  That was better!  He blew the smoke downwind of Sam and watched the flames build.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Sam was captivated by the fire. It was pretty to watch. He heard and saw the firetrucks pull up and kill the fire once it neared it's climax. He saw the lights of the cop cars emerge and try to keep people away and investigate what happened.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:53 pm

"Fire kills DNA and fingerprints," Lex told him, putting out his joint.  He didn't want to trigger an asthma attack, and what he'd had already dulled the ache.  "They won't know to make heads or tails of what happened with the bodies, and the fire looks like an accident."  He stood.  "Come on, let's get going."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:57 pm

Sam nodded and followed Lex. "Hey Lex? Why didn't you want Ashton along? I'm sure he would have been willing to help."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:02 pm

"I don't want him getting hurt anymore than he already is," Lex said bluntly.  "He's in no shape for this."  After a pause, he commented, "Your dad asked if we'd move in."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:12 pm

"What do you think you'll do?" Sam asked. All he wanted was for Lex to be happy, or at the least happier than he was.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:14 am

Led shook his head. "I don't think I should stay, little chap. I'm a wanted murderer. Maybe had a good reason for it, but I'm not dragging you lot into it. I need Ashton to stay. He needs your family more than he needs me, and I need to let him go. For his own good. I need him more than he needs me."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:16 am

Sam looked sad to hear that. "You should make sure you at least tell Ashton that before you run off, okay?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 am

"I tell him," Led said. He didn't know what, but he'd tell him.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:20 am

Sam nodded and looked back out to where the policemen and firemen were working.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:22 am

"They'll get it out in time," Led told him, not looking back. "You think I'm wrong, don't you."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:29 am

Sam sighed. "Ashton... he isn't like most people. I know and can see he's constantly self conscious, but seems to trust you and rely on you. For you to be there for him means the world, and if you leave him, I don't know how he'll take it. He sees you like a brother, I think."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:31 am

Led shook his head. "I couldn't be a brother tomy own brother. How am I supposed to be one for him?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:33 am

"You look after him." Sam answered readily. "You care for him. You want him to be happy and well. If that's not what brothers are suppose to do, then I don't know what a brother is, and I have three."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:41 am

"You are something, kid," Lex sighed, shaking his head. "Let's just get home."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:47 am

Sam nodded and followed Lex in silence. He resolved to tell Ashton if Lex didn't himself.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:51 am

Led opened the door for Sam and let him in first. He went to the kitchen and counted out the money. Not a bad haul. He handed Sam 40. "Now get to bed."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next