Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 10 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:07 pm

True realized abruptly it was getting dark.  He should go back.  Still, he took his time packing away his guitar and wheeling home.  He didn't want to see Sam and Paul right now.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 10 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Both boys went to bed, but Gaster stayed up. Sam told him that he read his project notes aloud in front of True and Ally, and Gaster felt a knot form in his stomach. After Sam and Paul were tucked in bed and asleep, Gaster made himself a cup of coffee and just sat along in the living room. Granted, he shouldn't be drinking coffee at this hour, but he was too worked up to sleep even without it.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:16 pm

True let himself in as quietly as he could, hoping to sneak into his room.  Should he talk to Gaster in the morning?  Just leave?  No, he couldn't do that.  The boys deserved better, and Gaster had earned the chance to at least explain.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:21 pm

Gaster sighed a little when he heard True come in. "True..." He started, but wasn't sure what to say after that. Apologize? Scold? Neither seemed entirely appropriate. Gaster sighed and looked away. "You are angry with me, aren't you? About that project?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:29 pm

True stopped short.  Gaster was awake.  Looked like True's decision had been made for him.  He took a deep breath, not looking at Gaster, afraid of what he'd see.  "I need to know the truth," he said, fighting to keep his voice calm and even.  "I know you do care about me as a person now, but scientists also care about the monkies they test on.  Am I just a test subject for your projects?  I won't be mad, just tell me the truth."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Gaster shook his head. "True, you are like a son to me. You have made my life better. If you must know why I started that project, and why I kept it from you, then here it is. I made you a promise. That day we met, I promised you I could restore your legs. I gave you my word. When I discovered how bad the damage was, and how heartbroken you were about it, I felt like I failed you. I promised and told you something I couldn't do, and I felt awful. And so, I made that project, because there has to be some other way I can fulfill that oath to you. I want you to be happy, True. I know just walking won't be all the keys to making you happy, but that was one I had promised." Gaster looked down and shook his head. He understood if True didn't believe him, or if he didn't want to speak to him for a long time.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:41 pm

True fiddled with his wheel.  "You made an entire project because you wanted to make me happy?" he asked softly, trying to comprehend everything Gaster had just told him.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:52 pm

"Yes." Gaster said softly. "You deserve so much better than what you were given, True. You deserve every chance to succeed and be happy."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:56 pm

True finally turned to Gaster, wheeling closer.  His eyes stung with tears, making his vision blurry.  "You don't understand... this family, you, you make me happy.  Happier than I've ever been.  I don't care if I can walk or if I'm paralyzed from the neck down, I don't want to lose you."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:06 pm

Gaster crouched down and hugged True tightly. He could tell he made the older man happy too, and just wanted to keep making sure he could always be happy.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:11 pm

"I'm sorry I was suspicious, Dad.  I'm sorry."  True sniffled, hugging Gaster tight.  "Dammit, you always make me cry!"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Gaster laughed a little. True could tell he was a little choked up too. "True, I am sorry for keeping something like that from you."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:32 pm

(*poke*)

True nodded, letting go to wipe his eyes.  "It's okay.  I understand."  He turned in his chair and pulled out the manila envelope from a pocket in his chair.  "Dad... I wanted to talk to you about this.  It's really important, and I mean it.  I did a lot of research.  All it needs is your approval..."  Awkwardly, he held out the envelope filled with papers about adult adoption.  All Gaster would have to do was sign them then present them to a judge with True.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Gaster, confused at first, opened it and read the papers. He had to reread it several times to make sure he was seeing it right. He covered his mouth and had to sit down. "True... are you serious?" He asked. True could tell it meant so much to Gaster that True even considered wanting to do this.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:43 pm

(*POKE*)

True nodded firmly.  "I thought a lot about it.  We were planning on changing my name anyway, I thought maybe we could do both at once?"  He bit his lip, studying Gaster anxiously, unsure what his reaction meant.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:47 pm

(What does the pokes mean?)

Gaster just nodded. He took a moment to collect himself before he gave True another hug. He already saw him as his own son, but the fact True wanted it to be legal as well meant a lot to Gaster. After a while, he went to the kitchen table with them. "Where do I need to sign?" He asked.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:56 pm

(It means you are speaking for my character.  You mentioned once it was a habit, so I am very kindly helping you break the habit. Wink)

True thought he was going to pass out.  He managed to collect himself and wheeled to the table.  "I put little tabs next to the spots.  You sign and date here.  Initial here.  We both sign here."  He walked Gaster through the paperwork, pointing everything out.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:24 pm

(Oh, okay. Thank you Smile )

Gaster nodded and did the paperwork as guided by True. After it was done, Gaster hugged True yet again. "You have no idea how much this means to me." He said softly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:45 pm

(Let me know if it bugs you Smile)

"If it means the same to you as it does me, then I know," True smiled, hugging him back tightly.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:47 pm

(No, I don't think it will. I just didn't realize what you were trying to relay was all XD)

Gaster smiled a bit and looked at the time. "It's getting late. Let's go to bed, and I can see if we can get an appointment tomorrow with a judge if you wish."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:57 pm

True nodded. "Yeah. And Dad? Could the day we get it made official be my birthday? From now on."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Gaster gave True a kind smile. "If you want, that is fine by me."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:57 pm

"Thank you, Dad," True smiled. "We should get to bed. What are we going to tell Sam and Paul?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:59 pm

"About what?" Gaster asked. "The adopting you part?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:25 pm

"Yeah," True said. "What do we tell them?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next