Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 12 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:29 am

Sam sniffed and wiped his eyes. "I-I'm sorry, True. You're right. Dad would be super worried. But... I also want to help him, True. I really think he's not that bad of a person, but nothing I do seems to be helping." The poor kid was torn with what he should be doing; stay and stop worrying his family, or keep trying to help Shadow.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 12 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:33 am

True reached out and pulled Sam into his lap, hugging him.  "Sam," he said, his voice soft and gentle, "It's a good thing to try to help people.  I would never ever try to discourage you from it, but you cannot do that at the price of your family.  Family is your cornerstone.  Your foundation, and without them, you're left to flounder.  Help him, and if I can help you help him, tell me, but don't hurt your own family in the process.  Okay?  Do what you can, and keep trying.  If he sees that you're serious enough to keep coming back after pushing you away constantly, he'll start to soften up."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:35 am

Sam cuddled into True, clinging to him like a small(er) child might. "Promise?" he asked between sniffles.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:41 am

"Promise.  Otherwise, he's a blockhead with a skull full of cotton," True assured him, holding him close.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:44 am

Sam nodded. he felt a bit better, but didn't want to leave True's arms. After a long while, he spoke softly. "True? Can I tell you a secret?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:49 am

"Of course," True said instantly.  "I'm good at keeping secrets."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:53 am

"Sometimes... I miss mom." He said softly. "Paul probably doesn't remember her, but I remember how she would make ma hot chocolate and hug me and stroke my hair until I felt better if I was scared or sad."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:00 am

True hugged Sam a little tighter.  "I'm sorry, Sam.  It's nothing to be ashamed of.  I don't blame you.  I can't replace your mom, but I'm here for hugs whenever you want, and I'll make you some hot chocolate right now."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:01 am

Sam nodded. "I'm just scared... I'll forget her." He said very quietly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:09 am

True considered then adjusted Sam so he could roll through his room into his bathroom without his brother leaving his lap.  Turning to face the low, large mirror, he put his arms around Sam.  "You see that in the mirror?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:13 am

Sam nodded a little. "Yeah?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:17 am

"She's right there," True told him, squeezing him gently.  "She's right there in the mirror whenever you look in one.  You will never forget her and never stop loving her, but it's okay to let go.  She wouldn't want you stuck in the past.  I don't think you are, but I need you to remember that.  That she's always right there."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:25 am

Sam smiled a little and hugged True tight. "Paul's actually turning out more like mom than me. I look more like her, but Paul has her infinitely patient and caring personality."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:28 am

"Well then, I guess you still get to interact with her," True smiled.  "I'm glad for you two.  Really."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:39 am

Sam smiled and hugged True tightly. "Well, we couldn't have asked for a better big brother, no matter what."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:42 am

"And I couldn't have asked for a better little brother," True smiled, hugging him back.  "I love you, Sam."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:50 am

Sam smiled back. "I love you too, True."

After a while, it became bedtime, and Sam and Paul started to get ready for bed. This was also about the time and exhausted Gaster finally came home too. However, he stubbornly saw his sons were well and tucked them into bed before he worried about himself.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:16 am

True waited until Sam and Paul were in bed with their respective kittens and Shuni had carried his last cat to his room before addressing his dad. "Come sit down a moment, please," he urged, half herding Gaster to the kitchen table.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Gaster nodded and sat after getting a bowl of cereal and milk so he wouldn't starve. "What is it, True?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:19 pm

"Just sit," True said.  He got Gaster a cup of hot chocolate and set it in front of him before heating up a grilled cheese and setting it in front of him.  "Shuni made these for lunch all by himself.  I'm not sure how it'll taste reheated, but it was great fresh."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Gaster smiled a little and thanked True. "I really appreciate it. It was a stressful day to say the least, and not much in the way of research or a breakthrough happened." He admitted.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:28 pm

True patted his arm. "Well, stressful days are strengthening days and you wouldn't know to enjoy the good days without them, right? Did you get to talk to the fat cats about hiring Geena?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Gaster nodded. "They were more than happy at the idea of me getting more organized, and were willing to waive the normal prerequisite of having prior experience, granted that she proves to be good within the first month."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:54 pm

"Somehow I knew that wouldn't be a problem," True chuckled.  "Do you need anything before I go to bed?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:19 pm

Gaster smiled and shook his head. "No, you have done more than enough already, thank you." He hugged True before he went to bed. "Sleep well, and not on your keyboard..."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next