Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 34 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:40 am

Kat frowned and shook her head. She helped him up and crouched to his eye level, making him look her in the eye with a hand to his unslapped cheek. "True, why the hell would I think that? You've been nothing but sweet and kind to me, and that guy is just a cheeky thug. I don't care what your connection is to him, because I know you, and you're not like him at all."

Ashtontook the money and nodded thankfully. He went straight to a butcher and bought a decent steak and some scrap cuts. He used as much of the twenty as he could. He thanked the man and took the meat back to the warehouse Lex and he usually hung out at and sat in a back allyway to eat. His stomach growled at the mouthwatering scent.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 34 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:47 am

True nodded, still not able to look her in the eye.  "I'm okay.  We should get you home now.  I'm sorry you got involved in all this.  You should be fine to walk at night from now on."  He pulled back from her and started slowly moving toward Kat's apartment."

Lex stalked through the street, searching.  He needed to find the other three guys Ashton had been roaming with.  If he was a wuss licking his wounds and talking big, where would he go?
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:03 am

Kat nodded. After a while, she decided to ask True something. "Where do these two territories run?" She asked. She could just pick jobs in True's, and then they wouldn't have to see that awful guy again, right?"

They weren't hard to find. They were muttering to themselves and licking their wounds. They all felt embarrassed to have been beat up by a crippled guy.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:08 am

"Um," True rubbed the back of his neck, "it's basically a line down 4th street.  Long time ago Lex and I agreed to split the city to avoid each other.  I stay to the north, him to the south, and there's no problems.  I figured since your work is just one block inside of 4th we'd be okay, but I guess one of the guys who... saw me tonight told him."

~

Lex watched them quietly, identifying the leader.  He folded his glasses and slipped them in his shirt before striding forward.  "Evening, blokes."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:24 am

Kat nodded. "I'll avoid taking jobs on that side of town then." She said matter of factly. "I don't like that guy. He doesn't know how to be nice to a lady and back off who she wants to choose as her man."

~

He jumped and swallowed when he saw Lex. "L-Lex." He stammered. "T-to what d-do w-we owe th-the pleasure?" The rest of the guys got quiet and obedient in a hurry.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:30 am

True shook his head.  "Don't you dare let him keep you away from any job you like," he said firmly.  "I'll deal, and so will he.  Please.  Just forget about him, okay?"

~

Lex crossed his arms and leaned casually against the wall.  "I heard you guys got your asses handed to you today by a crip."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:34 am

Kat smiled. He leaned over and kissed his head. "If it means that much to you, I'll do my best."

~

The leader stammered a bit before he just swallowed and tried again. "Sir, he surprised us. He fought better than half the guys we usually mug, and he had a tazer."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:38 am

"Thank you, Kat."  He stopped before her apartment complex and gestured.  "We're here."

~

"Ah, I see, a taser!  That changes everything," Lex drawled, pushing himself off the wall and leisurely sauntering toward the leader.  "A crip with a taser.  Damn, man, how did you get out of there alive?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:42 am

Kat motioned for True to come in. "Nope. You are coming in and at least having a hot drink to help calm you. If need be, I'll start playing some sonatas."

~

The leader started to tremble and swallowed hard. Lex was unhappy with him. That mere thought almost made him pee himself.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:49 am

"I should get home," True said, starting to back up.  "Dad might be waiting for me to get home before he sleeps, and you're tired."

~

Lex moved through the three calm and quiet, a black panther in the middle of a group of hyenas.  "I can totally understand how you three perfectly capable lads could be intimidated by a guy like that.  Totally!"  Quick as a snake, Lex's arm whipped out, grabbing the leader by the throat and shoving him back until they reached the wall.  Lex slammed the leader hard against the wall, holding him just on tiptoe.  "I let you work in my turf," he snarled.  "I was told you boys could handle yourselves.  Now I see yer nothing but a bunch of whiny, snot nosed little kids!"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:53 am

Kat looked a little downcast at that. "O-okay. Uh, call me later?" She reasoned.

~

The leader yelped and gagged. He tried to loosen the choking hold on him. "We're.... sorry." He gagged out. The other two guys wanted to help their leader, but didn't dare strike out against Lex.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:00 am

True nodded.  "Thank you, Kat, for the offer.  I'll call you tomorrow."  He turned and started slowly for home, shoulders slumped.

~

"You're sorry?" Lex spat viciously.  "That makes up for everything!  I don't want your apologies, you mongrel.  I want results!  Prove to me you're worth keeping around or you and your boys are finished working my turf, got it?  And that cute little piece of tail you've been chasing?  You've had your fun.  Maybe once you've proven you can handle yourselves you can have her, but until then she and all of 3rd street are off limits.  If I hear you put one toe on 3rd or one finger on the girl..."  He pulled the leader away from the wall then slammed him back hard enough to crack the cheap plaster.  "You'll be looking for a new skull."  He slung the leader at his two cohorts and stalked off, slipping on his shades as he went.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:07 am

Kat hesitated. She was tempted to offer to walk him home. She took a breath and took off her heels to catch up to him. "True, wait. I'll walk you home this time, okay?"

~

The three agreed and the leader coughed as he tried to recover from being choked.

Ashton had finished eating and threw the trash in a dumpster, wiping his mouth. So tasty! And his belly was full for once with food he could eat and not retch up later.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:11 am

True stopped, his hands resting on his wheels.  "It's okay," he said softly, staring at his lap.  "You don't have to.  It's okay."

~

Lex snorted in disgust at the three and headed for the warehouse.  He moved fast, sticking to the rooftops as he ran, dodging anything in his wake until he reached the one he called his base.  Not home.  Nothing was home.  He swung down the ladder of the opposite building at reckless speed and landed solid.  Striding inside, he instantly looked for Ashton.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:15 am

Kat shook her head. "Nope. I'm going to whether you want me to or not now. You look like a kicked puppy, and I don't like it. "

~

Ashton had been heading to the area he usually crashed in when Lex came in. The other guy looked up at the redhead as he entered.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:19 am

That just made True feel even more ashamed.  "I'm sorry," he whispered, not sure what else to say.  He tasted blood and realized his lip was cut.  He hadn't even noticed until now.

~

"Spread the word.  3rd street is off limits for hunters," Lex grunted to Ashton as he made a beeline toward a well-worn couch in the corner.  "I don't care if they skim the sides."  He flopped on the couch and took off his glasses to rub his eyes.  He was tired."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:26 am

Kat noticed the blood smeared on his face after a while and made True stop. She got out a tissue and gently dabbed the blood up. The girl was determined to help and protect her friend.

~

Ashton nodded. He noted how fatigued Lex looked, and tossed a blanket at him before he slipped out to do as he was told. Ashton wasn't exactly a bad guy, just on the wrong side of the law most of the time.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:29 am

True winced, moving away from the touch.  That stung!  He should wash up before Gaster saw.  He hesitated.  Maybe he should go up to Kat's place.  But... 

~

Lex peered under his hand after Ashton then closed his eyes, dozing as he waited for Ashton to get back.  He slept better when Ashton was around, knowing the other wold watch his back whether they liked each other or not.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:36 am

Kat apologized and tried to be gentler. She stood once she was satisfied his face was clean enough. "You should make sure that doesn't get infected." She suggested.

~

Most of the gangs recognized Ashton as Lex's right hand by now. While they didn't know the whole story, they did know they really couldn't do anything to hurt Ashton, so they all complied. About an hour later, Ashton quietly returned. He didn't want to wake Lex if he was sleeping. He may not call Lex a friend, but Lex had taking him in and helped him after Ashton woke up with all these bizarre oddities about himself, and Ashton at the least felt he owed Lex for that.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:38 am

True nodded slightly.  He was doing a lot of that, but it was easier than words.  "Um, do you... have any of that... That antibacterial stuff that stings like the devil?"

~

"How'd they take it?" Lex mumbled drowsily from his battered couch.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:41 am

Kat sifted through her purse and pulled out a little thing of hand sanitizer. "This?"

~

Ashton looked over at Lex. "They're all going to avoid Third." He confirmed. "I made sure they knew it was an order from you, and disobedience will be punished."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:49 am

"That'll work."  True winced as he dabbed a little on the cut.  "Thank you.  I should head home."

~

"Good.  Nice work."  Lex yawned and pulled up his blanket.  "You get enough for dinner?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:53 am

Kat nodded and walked True home, just as she said she would.

~

Ashton nodded. "Yes, plenty enough. Thank you." He went over to his corner. There wasn't much. Just a couple mismatched, discarded cushions and a few blankets. Ashton didn't mind though. Sometimes if he was tired and Lex wasn't around, he'd take a nap on the couch, but otherwise, this was plenty comfy enough for him.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:57 am

"Thanks," True mumbled, heading inside.  For the first time, he didn't invite Kat in.  He needed to be alone for a while.

~

"Let me know when you need more.  I got some extra cash.  And check yourself before sleeping," Lex said, rolling over.  He knew Ashton couldn't feel and while he healed slow no matter what, he'd heal faster when he noticed his injuries and cared for them.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:04 am

Kat sighed. She was worried about True, and wanted him to be okay. She headed home, taking the long way.

Gaster had gone to bed already. The house was quiet with sleeping people and cats when True walked in.

~

Ashton nodded and muttered a thanks to Lex for reminding him. No new injuries today. Only a few older ones still healing, but they were clean. He curled up and went to sleep. Ashton was a very light sleeper, and would wake if anyone tried to do anything, which even could just be Lex getting up.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next