Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 25 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Mon May 22, 2017 11:02 pm

(Wrong verb tense last couple of posts, just pointing it out.)

Lex held up the plate.  "Dinner.  Time to munch."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 25 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 pm

(Sorry. Part of it might have been the phone I was typing on, part of it might be because I am incredibly fatigued.)

Ashton shook his head. "Not hungry." He said quietly as he felt the sharpness of the blade he was holding.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon May 22, 2017 11:23 pm

(Go sleep)

"To bad.  The Doc said to make sure you eat or force feed you," Lex said flatly, plopping the plate down.  "You're miserable.  I get it.  Doesn't mean you get to starve."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon May 22, 2017 11:27 pm

(Okey. Nighty neep.)

Ashton remained quiet. He made no move for the food, rather poked his finger with the tip of the blade to make a small bead of blood well up on it. "Lex..." He finally asked quietly. "Have you ever noticed.... that Dr. Gaster has horizontal scars across his left wrist?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon May 22, 2017 11:39 pm

"Yes," Lex said bluntly.  "Not the most efficient way to go about it.  Why?  What's that matter?"  He narrowed his eyes at Ashton.  "Do I need to take that blade away?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 11:09 am

Ashton hesitated a long moment before he bit his lip and closed the knife. He mutely handed it to Lex, unable to meet his best friend's eyes.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 11:25 am

Lex slipped the knife into his pocket then put his arm around Ashton's shoulders.  "That won't fix anything, and I think you know that," he said, his voice surprisingly soft and gentle.  "All it will do is leave the rest of us in a world of hurt.  The Doc found new love.  Maybe you will, eventually, or maybe that... Tramp will come back, but if you don't take care of yourself, there won't be anything for him to come back to.  You have to take care of yourself for his sake, the fam's sake, and mine."  He sighed and rested his forehead on top of Ashton's.  "I ain't so good at the niceties, you know that more than anyone, but I need you to hang on, Ash."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 11:34 am

Lex might not have been good at it, but it seemed to have been enough for Ashton. He hugged Lex and leaned against his friend, needing the comfort in that moment. "I... I'm sorry." He said in a shaky voice.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 11:42 am

"It's okay," Lex murmured, holding him firmly.  "I've got you.  I always will."  He sat holding Ashton, willing to sit there and hold him as long as he needed.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 11:45 am

Ashton didn't move for quite a while. No matter what happened from here on out, Ashton would always need Lex. Lex was his rock, his best friend, his brother. Lex had always been the one who understood the most, and when Ashton needed someone, Lex had been there, took care of him, and cared. Lex was the family that Ashton had lacked growing up.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 11:50 am

Lex's back was starting to seize up.  "You ready to eat?" he asked casually.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 11:52 am

Ashton nodded a little and slowly let Lex go. "Yeah." He said softly. "What's for dinner?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 11:56 am

"Wasn't sure what might appeal, so I got a little of everything," Lex said, indicating the rather messy stack of assorted meats.  Shuni had fussed, but not interfered.  He always put the meat on so prettily.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Ashton smiled a little and tried to nibble on a bit of everything. He still didn't feel hungry, but knew it would make Lex feel better if he did indeed eat.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 12:02 pm

"Don't forget to drink," Lex reminded, watching him with satisfaction.  "I'll take the plate down when you've had enough."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Ashton nodded and drank some water. He wound up eating everything on the plate. "Thanks."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 12:09 pm

"I'll be back," Lex said, clearly satisfied.  He took the plate back downstairs and returned to Ashton.  "We should get some sleep.  Tomorrow is going to be hectic."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Ashton nodded. "Yeah.... I've... never been to a wedding before. Is that weird?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 12:14 pm

"Nope.  I never have, either," Lex said, plopping down on Ashton's bed.  "Don't think anyone in this house has been except them that has been married before."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 12:16 pm

"Good point...." Ashton agreed before he laid down again. "Hey Lex? Speaking about marrying, do you think you'll propose to Layla eventually?" He asked curiously.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Lex lifted his head and started at Ashton.  He opened his mouth to snap out his usual irritated response, but then he paused.  He lay back and stared at the ceiling.  "I don't know.  I hadn't even thought of it."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Ashton smiled a little. "I kind of dont think she's thought much on it either." He laughed softly. "I suppose all things considered, this isn't that bad of a gig for two street rats, huh?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 12:34 pm

"Not bad at all," Lex chuckled, closing his eyes.  "Not bad.  Night, Ash."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue May 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Ashton smiled a little. "Night Lex."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue May 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Early the next morning, True got up early and woke Shuni so they could get a start on breakfast and the treats for after the ceremony.  Shuni was half asleep but willing to work.  They heard rustling from Geena's room, but they ignored it.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next