Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 12 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:32 am

"Why?" Ashton murmured. "You have better things to worry about."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 12 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:36 am

True frowned as he rolled up closer to Ashton.  "Dude.  I just saw my best friend slash brother get totally reamed, flayed alive, burned at the stack, and blasted by his potential love.  The person he actually opened up to and bared his heart. What could possibly be more important than being there for him in whatever small way I can be?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:39 am

Ashton took a ragged breath and looked down. "I just.... give up."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:42 am

True leaned forward and put a hand on Ashton's shoulder.  "Okay," he said gently.  "I understand.  Are you ready to go home?  You look like you could use some hot chocolate."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:43 am

"Can't drink it, remember?" Ashton said flatly. "Unless you want to make me sick."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:28 am

"Can you just trust me this time?" True asked gently.  "Come on, Shuni and I have something for you."
True started rolling toward home.  Lex stood and offered Ashton a hand.  "The sooner we give them what they want, the sooner they'll leave us alone."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:43 am

Ashton just numbly nodded and accepted the hand up. His own hands were seeping blood from where they were scraped.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:54 am

Lex cleaned off his hands as best he could as they walked home.  When they arrived, the air was heavy with the scent of chocolate and meat.  The blender was going but stopped shortly after they came in.  True led Ashton to the kitchen where Shuni had what looked like goopy chocolate in the blender. 
Shuni smiled at Ashton and got out a mug, smiling to him before pouring the warm liquid into it.  "I tried to make it taste and smell chocolate without putting too much in so it won't make you sick."
"Is this.... pulverized meat?" Lex asked, staring at the stuff as True got three mugs of actual hot chocolate.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Ashton numbly accepted the mug and stared at the mixture after telling Shuni thank you. He didn't feel hungry.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:17 pm

Shuni watched Ashton anxiously.  It was clear the young boy had been crying for some time, his eyes still red and puffy.  Now he just hoped his attempt would make his brother happy.  He'd warmed the meat before pureeing it and flavoring it.  Would it work?  Would it give his brother something that resembled the "real" food he craved?
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Ashton noticed Shuni watching him and shipped the weird mixture. "Tastes good." He told Shuni quietly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Shuni brightened a little and nodded.  "I hope it helps," he said softly.
Geena came out and stood back, watching them.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Ashton drank about half of it before saying he was full and wanted to lie down for a bit.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Geena approached as he stood.  She didn't say anything, just hugged him.  "I'm sorry," she whispered.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Ashton stood there, frozen in surprise for a long moment before he slowly hugged Geena back and sobbed into her shoulder like a child. He never had a mother figure to comfort and be there for him before.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Geena held Ashton close, her heart breaking for him.  Gently, she guided him to the couch and sat with him, holding him and crooning tenderly.  How she wished she could do more, talk some sense into someone, but all she could do was hold him and stroke his hair.  For now, that would be enough.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:03 pm

And for now, that was all Ashton truly needed. After a while, his sobbing subsided, but he still clung to Geena. He hadn't realized until now how nice it was to have a mom.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Geena was starting to feel a little cramped, but she didn't care.  She didn't move, giving Ashton no indication that she even had a thought of moving, merely sat and held him.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:09 pm

After a few more moments, Ashton slowly let her go and wiped his eyes.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Geena felt him moving back and kissed the top of his head before he drew away.  Once he'd sat up, she handed him a tissue.  "Here, dear.  Wipe your eyes and blow your nose."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Ashton nodded and did as she said. "Thanks." He told Geena hoarsely.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:07 pm

"Do you want me to get you a bit of water?" Geena asked gently.  "It won't soothe your heart, but it may soothe your throat."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:17 pm

"Yes please." Ashton nodded. He still felt awful.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Geena stood and went to the kitchen to get the water.  She soon returned to sit next to Ashton and handed him the water.  "Getting dumped hurts at the best of times," she said gently, "and after what you heard..."  She shook her head.  "I am so sorry."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Ashton closed his eyes and took a shaky breath. "But... I do truly love him." He told Geena miserably. "He... he was never a project to me. I just... wanted him to be happy. He has such a nice smile."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next