Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 32 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:57 pm

Sam smiled. "You can pet him if you want. Lynx is a friendly cat. He just freaks out when my robot is on. Maybe once you're moving around a bit more, you can help me test it." Sam was rambling now, but he couldn't help it. "Once the arm is on, I need to see if it's working right, and then test and see if it and the saw blade can work together properly."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 32 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:22 pm

"That doesn't look like the right kind of piston," Lex commented, squinting at it from where he lay.  He ignored the cat for now, trying to get around it to hold the robot arm.   "You're using the 3-75 Hydra.  Their piston rods are known for snapping under stress from weight bearing loads, and since the other bot's going to be fighting back, that'd be considered weight bearing.  You'll want the 47-8 H-lex."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:29 pm

Sam blinked in surprise. "Oh. Yeah. I don't think I have any of those in shop. I'll ask Dr. Ally and see if she has some later." He hesitated and asked Lex a question about how he wanted to attach the saw blade, and how to prevent it from wobbling or snapping.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:32 pm

Lex pulled the arm with the saw blade closer and pointed out where and how to attach the rotator cuff and grease the rod to keep the blade spinning without friction.  He seemed calm and casual when focused on the bot, only ever moving one arm as he pointed out a couple of minor flaws in Sam's design.  They were minor, and Lex told him it would still work fine with them, but it would be stronger or have a greater performance rate if he did such and such.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:37 pm

Sam nodded and actually wrote notes on what Lex advised. The time seemed to fly between then and when Gaster announced dinner was ready. He fixed up a plate with milk and brought it to Lex, since he still shouldn't be moving too much. Sam thanked Lex before he went to eat with everyone else. The bot would be fine there for now.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:43 pm

Lex mumbled something and started picking at his food, eating painfully.  He still didn't feel great, but food would help him heal and get up the strength to go after Ashton.

True stayed on the opposite side of the room as he made his way across the living room to the kitchen.  He pulled up at his usual spot at the table, stomach growling.
Shuni put the food on the table, smiling happily.  "It's good food!"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:47 pm

Gaster served everyone. "I think Shuni did a wonderful job, based on how it smells." Once everyone was served, he sat down and ate himself.

Sam ate slowly. He wasn't sure if Lex was lonely by himself in the living room, but hesitated in suggesting he at least go and eat with Lex. Sam didn't want to make True any more mad at him than he already was. Sam wound up not eating nearly as much. His stomach felt like it was in knots.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:51 pm

"It is really good, Shuni, thank you," True praised.  "I'll do the dishes, okay?"

Shuni beamed proudly from the praise.  "Thank you.  Dad showed me everything.  I just did what he said."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:52 pm

Gaster smiled. "It's actually an old family recipe. I can't take credit for it."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:55 pm

"I think you can, cause it's awesome," True grinned as he started gathering the dishes.  "Thanks, Dad and Shuni."

Lex managed to clean off his plate and set the empty dishes on the floor.  He wondered at the wisdom of that choice as instantly his plate was swarmed by cats.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:59 pm

Gaster shooed the cats away and picked up Lex's dishes. "For the future, we do not want to do that, Lex." He gently reminded. "We don't want them to think they can eat off our dinner plates here." he then brought the dishes to True.

Sam returned after Gaster left. He actually disassembled parts of the robot so Lex could get a better look at them. He didn't dare ask where and how Lex became so smart at robotics. He didn't need a reason to be hated more.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:00 am

"Gotcha," Lex mumbled awkwardly.  He looked down as the cats closed in once more, staring at him.  "No food here, just bot parts.  And either it's my angle or that piece is backwards."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:02 am

Sam took that section off and handed it to Lex. "I don't think it is."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:05 am

Lex examined it closely.  "Nope, but it is dusty.  You wanna try to keep the dust out as much as you can, otherwise it clogs the joints."  He handed it back.  "Vaccum in reverse works."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:06 am

Sam nodded. "Okay. Should I cover it too when not working on it? To minimize dust, do you think?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:09 am

"Yep.  That'll help," Lex agreed, shifting a little.  He was in a lot of pain right now but not about to say a word.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:11 am

Sam noticed. "Want me to see if dad will give you some of my pain killers? They're the really strong kind. The only problem is they make me a bit sleepy sometimes."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:12 am

"Nope.  Don't need 'em," Lex said flippantly.  "Any more questions?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:15 am

Sam hesitated. "Are you mad at me? And do you hate me?" He asked quietly. He was convinced Lex thought both. All Sam had wanted was to be his friend.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:18 am

Lex gave him a look.  "You saved my life.  Kind of hard to be mad at you for that."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:09 am

Sam looked a bit more relieved to hear that. "Okay. Thank you, Shadow."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:08 am

"Sure,whatever," Lex grumbled.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:46 pm

Gaster sooner told Sam, Shuni, and Paul that it was time for bed. Gaster looked at Lex. "Quite frankly, it's not in my place to say whether or not you need to go to sleep, but I strongly recommend you try to soon, so your body has a good chance to heal naturally."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:50 pm

"Yez-zir," Lex drawled just to be annoying.  In truth, he desperately wanted sleep.  He could feel the migraine right there on the edge of his brain.  No!  No migraine!  He had to leave tonight and could do that with a bunch of holes in his body and a migraine.  "Sweet dreams."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Gaster raised a mild eyebrow at that. "You too." He said before he went to work in his room for a while.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next