Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 17 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:40 pm

Geena frowned a little.  "Well... Why couldn't I access it the usual way?  Seems like my first course of action would be to troubleshot the clog in that artery."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 17 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Gaster nodded. "I don't know why I have to ask that one, to be honest. Logically, I would think having a computer version as well as a couple paper versions would be ideal, but there is a reason I am not a secretary." He stood. "Well, I am satisfied, although I wish to request one more thing while you are here, if you will give me a moment."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:47 pm

"Of course," Geena replied, standing with him.  What could he want?
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Gaster left and returned with a stack of papers. "These are some of my research notes. Please demonstrate to me how you would organize them by placing them in stacks on the desk."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:19 pm

Geena nodded and took the stacks.  "Very well."  She flipped through the papers, scanning the headings and important bits one by one.  She was quick, but didn't miss a thing.  One by one, she placed the papers on the desk in a row stacked neatly.  She checked her work and moved one page then sat back.  It had taken her about ten minutes, quick for the size of the stack.  "I'm sorry I was slow.  I'm unaccustomed to the way lab reports are set up, but it's easy enough to catch on."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Gaster shook his head. "You pace and precision was more than good enough. You may start working here as soon as you can." He smiled at Geena.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:27 pm

"Like I told you earlier, I have to give my work notice, but it's only three days," she smiled.  "I can be here early Monday morning, if you're agreeable.  Are you closed Sundays or open?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Gaster nodded. "Monday works for me. The lab is open all days of the week, although my personal hours vary a lot. I try to keep my weekends open so I may spend time with my sons, although you are free to come in on Sunday if you wish."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Geena nodded.  "Thank you.  I usually try to keep one da a week free to rest.  Sunday is usually the most convenient, but I can do any day so long as you don't need me.  Once I pick a day, though, it has to be an emergency to get me to come back in."  After years of working 12-14-16 hour shifts, Geena had learned the importance of having one day off to just rest and rejuvenate, and she'd learned that if she didn't set the boundary that she wasn't coming in that day, she got called in every day.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Gaster nodded. "Pick a day off to set and it will be yours." He promised.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:45 pm

Geena smiled.  "Sunday," she said, naming her old standby.  "Sunday will be my day off."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:52 pm

Gaster nodded and offered his hand to shake. "Sunday it will be then. Will you need anything for your office? I can order it and it will be here by Monday. Oh, and pay. What do you want your wage to be?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:54 pm

Geena shook his hand firmly.  "Pens and a couple of notepads," she said before naming a fair wage.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:57 pm

Gaster nodded. "All right. I will be in after nine on Monday. If you want to come in before then, ask Dr. Ally, and she will help get you situated. Would you like a brief tour of our labs down here, or wait until Monday?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:09 am

"I would love a tour and to meet this Dr. Ally," Geena smiled.

(Why do I keep spelling Ally Alley?)
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:19 am

(I don't know lol)

Gaster smiled and guided her around the basement facility. Nearest the elevator was to be her office, and Gaster's disaster zone of an office across the hall. Next was Ally's office and a breakroom/filing room, filled with notes on completed projects or ones that were tried and had no chance of succeeding without a couple more decades in technological advances. The last two rooms before the lab was a doctor's office and another empty office with just a table, a couple of chairs, and a few collegic level books in this one. At the end of the hallway was the lab. The lab itself was big and spacious, with several long workbenches that had a wide assortment of machines and tools and beakers. There were microscopes and sinks and coolers and heaters and ovens along the walls. Dr. Ally was looking through one of the microscopes and writing notes as she went along. "Dr. Ally, this is Geena. She will be my secretary here starting Monday. Geena, the is Dr. Ally. She is my assistant in the lab." Ally stuttered a greeting and timidly offered Geena her hand.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:25 am

Geena said nothing about Gaster's office, but she winced inwardly.  Oh dear.  No wonder the higher ups wanted him to get a secretary.  Upon meeting Ally, she smiled and shook Ally's hand.  "It's good to meet you, dear," she greeted in a voice that was somehow motherly and professional at the same time.  She didn't even think about it.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:28 am

Dr. Ally smiled. She liked Geena already. She seemed like a good woman to keep her eccentric boss in line.
"If I am not in my office, I am in here." Gaster explained. "If I am not here, call my cell. I may be running errands or getting my sons where they need to go."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:30 am

"Alright, i can keep track of that," Geena agreed.  "Are their schedules busy?  Four sons and no daughters, right?  Any of them in sports, clubs, things like that?  I'm asking so I can gauge how often you'll be here and how often you'll be out," Geena explained her nosiness.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:36 am

"Paul has school at the elementary, and I prefer to walk him there and back home, but no sports for him. Sam is homeschooled, and so is Shuni, and they can choose to either hang out here or at home together. Sam's only real hobby is working on his battle robot. True is an adult, and usually helps me out where he can for caring for hiss younger brothers, but is good about telling me ahead of time if he has plans. My schedule here is hard to pin down usually. It usually varies depending on how much I get done or if I find breakthroughs on certain projects. I have pulled all nighters here, only to come back as soon as Paul was sent off to school, and I have been know to come here, do some paperwork, and then leave."

"Th-the only c-consistent th-thing about Gaster is th-that he's i-inconsistent." Ally said with a small smile. She clearly liked Gaster as her boss.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:38 am

"Typical artist," Geena said dryly, but with a faint smile.  "Alright, I think I get the idea, and if you like him as a boss, dear, I'm sure I will, too.  I already know I'm going to like having you as a secondary boss."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:42 am

Ally's face got red and she started stuttering. Gaster chuckled softly. "Do you have any questions we can answer?" He asked Geena after Ally was done stuttering and stammering.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:46 am

Geena looked around.  "I probably will later, but I can't think of any now."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:49 am

Gaster smiled. "All right then. I look forward to seeing you on Saturday, if you still want to meet me then." he said, a slight blush reddening his cheeks. He was referring to their date, of course. He still had no clue what to wear! Maybe he could as True to get his girlfriend to help again...
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:52 am

Geena nodded then paused.  "Question.  How good are you at keeping personal and business separate?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next