Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 8 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Gaster nodded. "Yes please." He sipped his coffee. "Hey Geena? May I ask you a slightly unusual question?"

~

Sam was about to try and interfere when Shadow stepped in. Sam watched and waited, ready to get his brother out of there in a flash if need be.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 8 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Geena glanced around, but things were quiet this morning and Gaster was her only table currently. "Sure. What's on your mind?"

~

"He... we... uh..." stammered the one.
"Shut up," Lex snapped, turning to Shuni. Shuni was looking terrified and Bitty Kitty had escaped. "Didn't I tell you to keep out?"
Shuni broke down in tears. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Lost kitty!"
"You're head for a cat?" Lex turned to the other two. "It ran down there. Either grab it or flush it out here. Then go find a child to take candy from, you worthless excuses for thugs. Go!" Lex snatched Shuni's hat back and gave it to him. "Get your cat and get back to whatever adopted you."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Gaster took a sip of coffee. "Hypothetically, let's say there was a secretary position that opened up, that didn't require previous experience, just the ability to get along with your boss and his coworkers and helping keep him organized, with flexible hours and good pay. Would you take it?"

~

Sam frowned and teleported between Shadow and Shuni, his arms folded across his chest. "The 'whatever' that adopted Shuni is me, our dad, and our brothers, Shadow, and I don't like you speaking down to my brother like that."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:57 pm

Geena considered.  "Yes, provided my boss didn't act like the rear end of a donkey and remembered I was the secretary, not the slave.  And if I needed to organize, I would need my boss to let me organize and try the new system for one week before going back to his old ways."

~

Lex turned to stare at Sam.  He was starting to get used to Sam's popping up randomly.  He looked down at Shuni.  "Seriously?  You couldn't do any better than him?  I thought for sure you'd get taken in by some rich old cat lady who smelled of moth balls."
"What are moth balls?" Shuni asked quaveringly as he pulled on his hat.
"Stinky things.  Never mind.  As for you, he's on my territory when he's been told not to be.  I've kicked people's asses for less, but I'm letting him get his cat and leave.  If you've got a problem with it, quit f-king coming around!"  Lex glanced toward the alley as the pair came out with one of them holding a box.  "Get it?"
"Got it.  Just had to close the box." The thug started to hand it to Lex, but Lex nodded to Shuni.  
"His cat, not mine."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:04 pm

Gaster nodded a little and sipped his coffee. "What would you consider as a good boss then, or at least a workable one? Like is being a bit eccentric all right?"

~

Sam glared at Lex defiantly. "What do you mean 'couldn't do better than me?' At least Shuni is well loved and cared for!" Sam laughed humorlessly. "I pity you, Shadow. You must be so lonely and unloved, that you have no idea what it feels like to want to protect and help those you care about." And with that, he grabbed Shuni and teleported back home with his brother and Bitty Kitty.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:11 pm

"He can be as crazy as he likes so long as he's polite and treats his employees with respect," Geena answered.

~

Lex just snorted. "You have no idea," he muttered, turning away.  He noticed the two fascinated thugs and scowled.  "Scram.  One word about this to anyone, I'll know who's heads to bash.  Got it?"
The pair muttered affirmative and ran off.
Lex muttered as he headed back to the warehouse with food for Ashton.  Of course the brat had to show off in front of thugs who would talk and soon enough someone would come looking for the vanishing boy.

~

Shuni squealed as Sam teleported with him and clung tight.  "Dad said no!" he protested, his heart thundering as he refused to let go.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Gaster nodded a bit in relief. "Well, I asked because True had mentioned yesterday while we were looking for notes on an old project of mine that I was horribly disorganized, and may benefit from having a secratary..." He said. His face started to get a little red and he fidgeted.

~

Ashton made sure everything was in order in the area Lex had allowed. he even scavenged what he could that they needed. He got back and was putting stuff away when Lex returned. He saw Lex's mood and frowned. "What happened this time?"

~

Sam sighed. "Would have rathered stay nearby in case Shadow changed his mind about letting us go?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:26 pm

"And you thought of your waitress?" Geena asked, her brows arching.  She was having a hard time hiding her smile.

~

"Shut up and eat your... whatever the hell this is," Lex growled, tossing Ashton a package of meat.  He collapsed on the couch and closed his eyes.  Five minutes of peace.

~

Shuni's answer was instant.  "Yes.  He doesn't want me to stay because not good.  Going is good.  Gave me back my hat."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:35 pm

"Well, you did say you wanted to be a secretary at least at one point." Gaster pointed out. "And as long as you can tolerate my level of insanity and my coworker's shy and stuttering nature, well, the chance would be there only if you wanted it."

~

Ashton nodded and ate outside, knowing Lex didn't exactly enjoy seeing him eat. After that, he cleaned himself up and went back to scavenging in his small area.

~

Sam sighed. "Well, can you please let me go now?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:38 pm

"Is this for real?" Geena asked after a moment.  "A real job offer?"  She couldn't tell if Gaster was messing with her or not.

~

Shuni carefully let go.  "Please, Sam.  Don't go to him anymore.  He is nasty.  He doesn't like single peoples, he cares about...about big.  The big... all of it.  Is like the king.  Can't care about one soldier, cares about kingdom."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:48 pm

"Well, yes, but only if you want it." Gaster told her. "I would have to talk with the corperate cats upstairs to clear me hiring you, but it wouldn't be a problem." he laughed a little. "They would probably welcome a chance for me to be more organized."

~

Sam sighed, becoming downcast. he plopped onto the couch. "Shuni, I just wanted to be his friend. There were times, he almost seemed to be pretty decent. I'm not Paul, but I know Shadow isn't completely bad, but I don't know how to do what Paul does. He sees the best in people, and manages to get them to show it and have it blossom."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:55 pm

"Well, if you can get me an official, cats upstairs approved offer, I'll take it," Geena smiled.  "I will need to give this place three days notice, then I can start."

~

Shuni climbed onto the couch next to him and hugged his knees.  "Shadow can't have friends.  He is like... Cat being worried by dogs on every side.  When dogs not barking, can can breathe, but always waiting for dogs to come back.  Will always scratch until you take it someplace safe and show it it can be calm and happy."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 pm

Gaster smiled. "I will get back to you on that then once I clear it with them. They may require an actual interview, just to be sure and for legality whatnot." he finished his first cup of coffee. "May I have another cup please?"

~

Sam thought for a long moment. "Think dad would be mad if I offered Shadow to live here for a little bit?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:04 pm

"Of course.  Let me go grab my pot from the kitchen."  Geena walked away grinning, soon returning to fill up his cup.

~

Shuni shrugged.  "I don't know, but Shadow wouldn't leave, and if he did come, True would leave.  I don't want True to leave."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Gaster thanked her politely. He still looked tired and stressed, but talking to Geena had relieved a small part of it.

~

Sam sighed sadly. "I don't want True to leave either. To be honest, I kind of even miss him now. He would know just what to say or do to make me feel better."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Geena brought him the receat and patted his shoulder.  "Cheer up, doc.  When you get knocked this low, there's nowhere to go but up."

~

Shuni leaned over and hugged Sam.  "He'll come home.  He's your brother.  He just needs to calm down."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Gaster smiled and laughed a little. "I suppose you're right. I can't accomplish anything dragging my feet now, can't I?"

~

Sam hugged Shuni back. "I hope so."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:32 pm

"Not unless you're making a pattern in the dirt!" she said cheerfully.

~

"Maybe you should call him," Shuni suggested.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Gaster chuckled and paid, tipping Geena well as usual. He thanked her again as he left, smiling. He went straight to the lab to meet True on time.

~

Sam sighed. "Maybe later. I really just feel tired. I'm going to take a nap."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:37 pm

True wheeled along slowly, nervous now.  He'd hugged and kissed Kat goodbye, intent on doing this alone.  He knew she would come with him if he asked, but no.  Not for this.

~

"I come sleep with you?" Shuni suggested.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Gaster got to the lab and started to sift through the papers, fining and setting aside all of Proditor's work.

~

Sam hesitated. "Um, sure?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:45 pm

True knocked on the doorframe.  "Hey."

~

Shuni smiled and went to Sam's room, curling up like, well, a cat, at the bottom of his bed.  There was plenty of space for Sam.  Until Lynx jumped up and took over Sam's part of the bed.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:20 pm

Gaster looked up and waved True in. "Do you want to help me sort out his work or what parts of his work you want me to keep?"

~

Sam laughed a little and squeezed on the bed, moving Lynx a little before snuggling with the cat.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 pm

"Um, yeah, okay," True agreed, rubbing his palm on the arms of his chair.  "Dad?  I'm sorry I screamed at you.  I was... I was scared.  I know you would never do anything bad on purpose, but..."  He shrugged.

~

Lynx purred as he nestled into Sam and began grooming his forehead, spitting out his hair when it got caught in his rough tongue.  One by one the other case invited themselves in, most staying on the floor, but a couple chose the bed.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:44 pm

Gaster shook his head. "You were justified in your reaction." He took off his glasses to rub his face for a moment before replacing them on his nose. "After Proditor was locked away, I went through his research and kept anything I thought may be used as a reference. A lot of his biology and genetic engineering work got shredded, and most of what I kept was intended as a reference for a possible project that I haven't started. The project was to create robotic prosthetics that could operate as close to the lost apendage as possible. The reason that specifically was saved is because he already made notes on how to graft it so it may work and respond to the neuroological stimuli effectively."

~

As Sam fell asleep, he discovered why Shuni liked this so much. He was warm and the cats laying on top of him felt like he was being hugged as he went to sleep from their weight.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next