Peaceful Wolf

A Place dedicated to being Calm, and peaceful.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

SilentVoice

Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:12 am

True rolled down the hall, his mind in a turmoil.  Sam had found the research.  Damn him!  Wait... no, not Sam.  True stopped as it hit him.  Sam had found it and been innocently curious.  The problem was... True set his jaw and followed the sounds of Gaster and Alley's voices.  He slammed open the door and flat out yelled, "YOU KEPT IT!"
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:17 am

Gaster furrowed his brow in confusion. "Kept what, True?" He became serious as he realized something was seriously wrong. Ally stuttered something incoherent before she scurried out of the lab, leaving True and Gaster alone in the lab.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:22 am

True shoved his chair forward and grabbed the edge of the table, flipping it out of his way.  Papers scattered across the floor.  "You kept his f-king research!" he screamed.  "Sam found it and was reading the research that f-ked up my back!  You know how he is, now he's going to be rabidly curious about that and about HIM!  Why the Hell would you keep that s-t??  WHY?!  Because YOU needed to know about it?  Or did you want to improve his faulty work?  WELL?!"
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:25 am

Gaster took a step back. There was an unmistakable expression that etched itself onto the scientists face. Fear. The yelling, the swearing, and the anger in the lab had happened to him once before already, and the scars, physical and otherwise, he still bore from that time from True's biological father. Gaster could say nothing other than stumble back as he felt his breathing get a little faster and his heartbeat quicken.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:28 am

True glared at Gaster then snorted.  "Fine.  Whatever.  You're the mad scientist in charge now.  Do what you want.  I'm out of here."  He turned himself around and wheeled out.  He paused by Gaster's office and grabbed the file Sam had been reading, shoving it into a side pocket before leaving.  He couldn't do anything to stop Gaster for working, but he did know this one research paper was never falling into anyone's hands ever again.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:34 am

Gaster did his best to subdue the memories and panic from what had happened. He shakily grabbed a counter for support. After several moments of it doing nothing, he hoarsely called for Ally and Sam. He explained to them he couldn't work for the rest of the day, the seriousness of that highlighted as Gaster used his powers to teleport him and Sam back home. Gaster went to his room and continued trying to calm down in there alone. Sam frowned and set out to find True.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:38 am

True didn't go home.  He went to Kat's apartment complex and rang for her.  (or is it walk in?  I forget)

The cats all hid at the noise, sensing anxiety in the air.  Shuni was the only one to come out of his room.  Quietly, he crept to Gaster's room and opened the door, peaking inside.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:45 am

(Walk in XD) Kat didn't seem to be home right now.

Gaster was sitting on his bed, and trying to take deep breaths in an attempt to subdue the panic attack. It didn't seem to be helping all that much.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:48 am

True sat in front of her door, half slumped, his head in his hands.  He couldn't go home, he didn't have anywhere else to go.  He didn't know what to do.

Shuni slipped in and climbed up on the bed.  Wordlessly, he wrapped his arms around Gaster and stroked him tenderly as he might a frightened cat.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:55 am

Fifteen minutes pass, and Kat walks up behind him. She had several bags of groceries with her. "True? True, what's wrong?" She asked. " Here, come inside, and tell me everything." She unlocked the door to let him in.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:56 am

True jumped at her voice, but wheeled in.  He sat quietly, watching her put the groceries away.  "It's all gone to f-k," he blurted out, tears suddenly springing to his burning eyes.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:01 am

Kat put the ones that needed to be cold in the fridge before leaving the rest. She walked over to True and got on her knees so she could hug True and he could cry into her shoulder if need be.

Gaster tensed up for half a moment, but gradually relaxed the longer Shuni kept it up. He even leaned into it a little, comforted a bit actually.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:07 am

"It's just..." True shook his head and scrubbed at his eyes.  "I trust him!  But I can't!  I want to, but he's... He's an idiot scientist!  He doesn't understand!  I can't trust him!"  He leaned forward into Kat and started bawling.

Shuni started purring as he held Gaster, continuing to stroke him gently.  It would be okay.  It would all be okay.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:12 am

Kat kept hugging him. "True, get onto the couch while I make you something warm to drink. Tell me the whole thing, start to finish, okay? We'll work this out together." She lightly kissed his head before she went to make him some chamomille tea. That would help relax him.

It was a slow process, but eventually Gaster was mellow and calm once again. "Thank you, Shuni." he murmured softly before he sat up and readjusted his glasses.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:21 am

True nodded and moved toward the couch.  He was a little shaky, but made it onto the couch without incident.

Shuni looked at him worriedly.  "Are you okay, Dad?"
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:26 am

Kat returned with a cup of tea, nice and warm with sugar, milk, and a hint of vanilla. "Drink a little, and then tell me what happened." She said gently as she placed an arm around True's shoulders. It was easier to cuddle him on the couch than with him in his chair, and she sensed he needed the cuddles.

Gaster sighed deeply. "I don't know. True found something I forgot I kept, and was upset by it."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:30 am

True didn't intend to, but he ended up nestling into her like a child.  His hand shook as he drank, but he managed not to spill anything.  He took a breath, calmed by the warmth and the comfort of Kat's presence.  "I... I was raised by a beast of a man.  I only recently learned this, but the man I call my father?  He was my... bio dad's partner.  Gaster turned him i for unethical conduct, which was the best thing that could have happened."  He continued with his story, sometimes back tracking or skipping around, but gradually all became clear.

"Why you keep it if it was bad to upset him?" Shuni stumbled, trying to understand.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:34 am

Kat kept hugging True and stroked his hair. She listened and provided an almost motherly and protective attitude towards the whole thing. Whatever True needed or wanted to tell her, she would do her best to be there for him and comfort him.

"I had it years before I met True." Gaster explained. "And I forgot I had that research until today. Sam found it, and started to read it, and True found it that way and stopped Sam from readint it further."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

True finally came to today's events.  "I just don't know why he would have kept that trash," he whispered tremulously.  "It's what put me here.  Part of it.  I can't deal with it.  What if he decides to... fix it?"

"Oh."  Shuni patted his back gently.  "I'm sorry.  You will have to talk to Sam.  He will want to learn more about it.  He is curious kitten.  I'm sorry."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:44 am

Kat gently made True look at her in the face. "If he had wanted to, why didn't he even offer the option when he tried to fix your back the first time? On top of that, shouldn't it be clear he loves you? How about this; try talking to him about it again. No yelling, but try calmly talking to him. I'll come along for support if you want, but it doesn't have to be right now either. Whenever you feel ready, but don't put it off either."

Gaster nodded a little. "Where is Sam, by the way?"
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:48 am

"I don't want to talk to him," True admitted, dropping his eyes.  "It hurts too much.  Please, I don't want to."

"Sam went to find True.  Lynx followed," Shuni informed him.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:55 am

Kat gently tilted his chin to look at her again. "True, I know you don't want to, but you also can't let it fester. Sometimes, a little pain is needed so things can heal right. Let's say you never talk to Gaster again. What would happen to the rest of your life? Wouldn't that put a lot of strain on Sam? On Paul? Your two little brothers who love you more than anything in the world? I'm not saying you have to forgive Gaster, but at least reach a point of closure with him."

Gaster muttered under his breath. "We need to find Sam. I don't want him wandering the streets alone."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:58 am

True hesitated, wanting desperately to argue, but he was forced to admit Kat was right.  "Okay," he finally said.  "But not today.  Please.  Can I stay with you until tomorrow?  I can cook and clean.  Please."

Shuni nodded.  "I can go find him.  It's not hard.  I find lots of people."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 am

Kat nodded kindly. "Of course you can. And you don't have to clean or cook if you don't want to." She gave True a long hug.

"We both will." Gaster said firmly. "Lead the way."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:05 am

"It'll give me something to do," True mumbled into her shoulder, hugging her back tightly.  "Thank you, Kat."

Shuni nodded and led the way outside.

Lynx was determinedly following Sam like a little puppy might.  Sam was his person. He stayed with his person.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:53 am