Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 36 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Layla hissed and put herself between the man and Lex. "GET DR. GASTER! HE'S IN THE PARK, YOU C---T!!" She spat out vulgarly.

Gaster had already started to run over, and quickly adjusted Lex's position to make sure his airway was unobstructed and did chest compressions to force his lungs to pump air in and out.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 36 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:27 pm

The man backed up but was pulling out a cellphone to call 911.  True noticed and signaled to Ashton.  He was closer and it was taking True forever to get across the grass.  Stop that call!  Lex could not end up in the hospital.

Lex couldn't even cough.  Then as suddenly as the ability had left him, it returned, and Lex sucked in a huge, shuddering gasp.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Ashton noticed and "accidentally" bumped into the man as he jogged past, and as "accidentally" as bumping into him, stepped on the phone and broke it.

Gaster let out a breath of relief as Lex started to breathe again. Seeing that Layla was now calm and trying to nurse Lex, Gaster stood and faced the other man, adjusting his glasses. "Terribly sorry, but no reason to be alarmed. I am his father, and that kind of thing is more common than I care to admit. We have it down pat, and I have everything in place for it, legal paperwork too even." He gave a faint smile and offered his hand. "I am Dr. Gaster, good sir. Although your assistance wasn't required, I do appreciate your concern for my son. It is refreshing seeing someone with to help instead of walk past and try to ignore it."

Layla was beside Lex as he started to breathe again, and gently and even tenderly fussed over him, even offering to get him some water.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Lex accepted the drink, shaking hard as he leaned into Layla.  He didn't fully comprehend who was holding him, just that they were there and stable.  He closed his eyes and focused on breathing.  He couldn't see, anyway.

The man slowly accepted the hand, looking from Ashton to his phone to Gaster.  "Dr. Webb... I was morally bound to help.  Can I assist in any way?"

True sighed as he pulled up next to Ashton, staring down at Lex worriedly but saying nothing.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:10 pm

Layla stayed by Lex's side, doing her best to comfort him and make him feel safe. She was a very comfortable person to lean against. Layla asked Ashton softly to get some water for Lex, which Ashton did without question.

Gaster nodded. "Like I said, I do believe it is all under control now, thank you. I may need to give him another check up here before too much longer, but again, your concern was much appreciated, Dr. Webb, and if I may return the favor, please let me know." Gaster rumaged around for his wallet and handed Webb his business card.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:18 pm

"How's he doing?" True asked Layla softly.

"I will, thank you," Dr. Webb agreed, accepting the card.  He glanced down at Shuni, who had finally crept up behind Gaster and stood holding Gaster's belt.  "Another of yours?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:21 pm

Layla looked up at True. "Recovering still. I imagine he's still feeling a bit weak, and maybe even hurting some, but I think he'll be fine." Layla gently stroked Lex's hair, moving it out of his face with a caring hand.

Gaster put an arm around Shuni's shoulders comfortingly. "Yes, this is another one of my sons. Shuni, this is Dr. Webb. He is a man with a good heart."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 pm

True took a deep breath and let it out slowly before turning to track down Kat, Paul, and Sam.

Shuni smiled timidly at Dr. Webb but didn't move.
"Two boys myself," Dr. Webb smiled.  "Well, if you have it in hand... I'd best get my boys home and feed them lunch."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Paul was watching the kittens with Sam. Sam didn't want Paul to get worried and feel bad, so he distracted his brother with the cute balls of fluff.

Ashton returned and handed Layla the water, who gently tried to coax Lex to drink. She held the glass for him, unsure how steady he was feeling, but determined to do whatever he needed until he felt better.

Kat wasn't too far behind True, looking spooked over the whole thing.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:30 pm

True nodded slightly, relieved when he spotted his two younger brothers.  Wordlessly, he offered Kat a hug.

Lex took a couple of sips then slowly opened his eyes, looking around blearily.  The pressure had receded some, enough he could finally see some.  "Why are ya'll staring like someone got hit by a bus?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:35 pm

Kat shakily accepted and snuggled into True. That had been scary.

"You collapsed, weren't breathing, and your lips turned blue." Ashton told Lex bluntly. "And for the record, don't wear blue lipstick. That is not a good color on you."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:39 pm

"It's okay," True said softly.  "It's all okay now."

Lex stared at Ashton, an expression of deep confusion knotting his brow.  "What?" he finally demanded.  "Why in the HELL would I wear blue lipstick?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:42 pm

Kat slowly relaxed in True's arms, comforted by him.

"I don't know!" Ashton snipped. "I am just telling you the cards as I see them!" Layla laughed some at their bickering.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:09 am

"You're such a pill," Lex grumbled as he slowly worked his way out of Layla's arms and sat up, looking a little dizzy.  He closed his eyes, getting the hang of being upright.

"Let's go hang with Paul and Sam and the kittens," True smiled at Kat.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:43 am

Layla and Ashton stayed with him still. "You alright?" Layla asked gently.

Kat nodded and walked with True over to the younger member of the Gaster clan. Paul was laughing and playing with both kittens, a big grin on his face. Sam was smiling and mostly just supervising.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:52 am

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Lex grumbled, waving her off.  He grunted softly as he stood, orienting himself.  "I'm fine, and now I've got grass up my ars.  Awesome.  I hate the park."

"How's it going?" True asked, grinning at the kittens.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Layla sighed softly as she watched Lex. She and Ashton stood, and Ashton rolled his eyes. "Just please warn us next time before you pull a stunt like that."

Gaster motioned to Lex, asking silently to have a word with him in private.

Paul beamed up at them. "Awesomely! I think Bitty Kitty and Night are friends and they look cute playing together and they seem to really really get along nicely!"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:23 pm

"Fine, fine, I will report to you before all incidents," Lex grumbled.  "Hey, Ash, could you and Layla get me some real water?  This junk tastes like iron."

"They look like they are having a blast," True chuckled.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:11 pm

They both nodded and went off, talking quietly to each other. Layla seemed worried about something.

Kat smiled and Paul nodded enthusiastically. He asked True and Kat if they wanted to play with Night and Bitty Kitty too.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:47 pm

"So, what's up?" Lex asked Gaster, slipping on his shades.  "Why the super secret meeting?"

True agreed emphatically and called to the kittens.  Bitty Kitty came right away, but Night only followed when Bitty Kitty led the way.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:57 pm

"Lex..." Gaster said seriously. "Please be honest with me; are you all right? I do not recall this happening when you first came under my care, and I know you dislike the idea of doctors, but I am here to help, but only if you need and want it." He shook his head. "At this point, it seems there is only so much I can do before the effects of these migraines becomes irreversible."

Paul giggled as he watched True and Kat admire the kittens. Kat seemed more calm and relaxed the longer they played with the little furballs.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Lex didn't look at him, shifting uneasily.  "No," he finally admitted.  "The no breathing thing is new.  I don't know why or what's going on.  I don't know what to do about it.  And what do you mean effects become irreversible?  You mean I'll suffocate or something?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:58 pm

"Lex, I think you were lucky that time." Gaster said truthfully, rubbing his face. "How long before that happens again? what if next time, you're alone, and it's a longer time before you can breathe again? Your brain can only function for a limited time without oxygen before it starts dying. On top of that, lack of breathing and a stopped heartbeat often go hand in hand. What if you have a heart attack next time." He sighed. "I worry about you, Lex. We all do. But I have stated once that I will not force you to go to the lab, but I don't want the next time you're there to be because you're dying.... again." He shook his head. "As a father, the next time you have a serious episode, I will try and see if there is anything medically I can do for the migraines."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:05 pm

Lex didn't answer.  Instead, he turned and walked away.  Away from Gaster, away from the park, away from his choice.  Death, or the lab to be poked and prodded.  He had no interest in dying, but a laboratory... He could trust Gaster.  He knew he could.  Gaster wasn't Proditer, but... a laboratory.... He needed to think.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Layla saw Lex walk off and became worried. She decided to talk to Gaster, and Ashton shadowed her, concerned for his closest friend. Gaster explained it to them as well in hushed tones, not wanting to upset the younger ones.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next