Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Rider Play

2 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Dragon Rider Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Rider Play

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Tithenor was about to remark on the closeness of the pronunciation, but before he could, the young human was gone. He watched, bewildered, but then understood.

Pat stood gasping, her eyes wide. That had been magical! Why had Mark stopped her? His hand... Snapping back to reality, she yanked her hand away, looking at him nervously. "What?"
"The egg tried to hatch," the attendant answered worriedly, checking the condition of the unborn hatchling "That has never happened before."
"Did I do something wrong? Is she okay?" Pat asked worriedly.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:13 pm

"I think... it just means you're special." Mark said. "But that was close. If that dragon hatched prematurely, it could seriously stunt the dragon's growth, or worse. Looks like I was just in time though."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Pat paled and backed away, flexing her hand nervously. Special.
The attendant reached out to stop her. "Come, now, all is well. This young man stopped anything from happening. Just take care not to touch her again until the Hatching. Come, and Welcome!"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Mark smiled widely at her and took her over to the others. "That's Mr. Moody," he said, pointing to Blade, who let out a melodramatic and indignified gasp of shock, "and that's Tithenor, or Blue as some call him."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Pat smiled and caught herself a second before she curtsied. She managed a little bit of a wave to Blade then bowed to Tithenor. "It's nice to meet you, Tit... Tith...nore... Blue."
The elf allowed his resignation to show then returned the bow. "Welcome to the group."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Blade yawned obnoxiously. "I'm bored! Can we go already? I have a very strict schedule, and so...."

Mark rolled his eyes. "I think we all are ready to go on to the net step, but just be patient, okay?"

"Nope. I have no idea what that word means." Blade said, shaking his head.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Nexus growled softly as he leaned his head over the group, glaring down at Blade. As the oldest dragon in attendance, he was also the biggest, and it was clear neither he nor his rider took any crap from anyone.
"As a matter of fact, Master Pickpocket, it is, indeed, time for you to move on," the Headmaster said, approaching the group. "Welcome to an elite and special group of people. This is your crossroads. If you chose to leave now, you are free to do so, but know that you will be signing a death warrant for your young dragons. Their lives are now in your hands. However, as you are here, it is assumed you will have no issue with joining the Dragon Rider Corp." Grumbledorf's eyes swept over the small group as he attendants gathered up the eggs to transport.

Pat fell silent, holding her breath as she tried to stand at attention. Since a proper lady had to have good posture anyway, she actually got the position almost perfect. There was no way she was turning back now! For a brief moment, her thoughts strayed to her parents, then she shook it off. They had her older brother. She was just an extra.

Blue was silent as well, expression unreadable and almost bored. Inside, he was dying. He had only come for a lark! He had no interest in being a soldier! But... His eyes slid to the egg. His egg. No, he was bound to this fate now.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:57 pm

Mark nodded steadily and confidently. He was determined to join them, and the breeder in him would not allow Mark to abandon a young and healthy dragon to death.

Blade yawned partway through the speech. "Yeah yeah, blah blah blah. Can we get-can we just go?" He asked. "I hate sitting through speeches. I am a man of action, not words."

Mark rolled his eyes at Blade again.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:03 pm

Nexus flicked his tail, striking Blade hard across the stomach and sending him flying. Before he hit the ground, the dragon snapped him up in his jaws and held him between his teeth, too pinned to even draw a blade. The dragon tossed him up and caught his foot and started shaking hard.
"Yes," the headmaster said with a calm smile as everything from Blade's pockets rained down to the stage. "I believe we can. You three, please join one of my riders and mount up. We are ready to fly. As soon as that one gets his pants back on." Blade's pants had torn and Nexus now held him by one hand.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Blade yelped in surprise. A surprising amount of knives, shortswords, and even one of the attendant's lifted pocketwatch fell from Blade. Once he was able, Blade scrambled to collect his weapons and get his pants back on.

Mark laughed and went to find another rider.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:16 pm

One of the attendants caught Blade's shoulder and cleared his throat, holding out a hand. His pocket watch, please?

Pat blushed and averted her eyes from Balde's bare, uh, legs and scurried to the smallest of the dragons. "May I..." she asked hesitantly.
The rider smiled and gave her a hand up. "Hold tight," he told her, climbing up in front of her.

Blue ignored the others, going to a rather attractive dragon and bowed, asking for permission before climbing up. Rather gingerly he placed his hands on the rider's hips.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:20 pm

Blade grumbled and gave the attendant the watch. He then pulled his pants back over his toned legs. What did you expect? Someone like him had to be quick and sure of foot, and so, he had nice legs. Blade then spun around, looking for a dragon he could share that wasn't anyone he just stole from.

Mark politely asked a rider that had a large, strong dragon. His keen eye told him this dragon could easily carry two full grown men like it was nothing.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37 pm

The Headmaster waited until everyone was mounted then touched Nexus' neck. The massive dragon unfurled his wings and took flight, soaring into the air. His wings powered him higher and higher, the other dragons falling in behind. It wasn't long until they reached the clouds and leveled out, flying in formation with the eggs in the center.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Blade boldly looked down from the back of his dragon, clearly not afraid of much. "Hey! I can see my house from here!"

Mark was quiet, and simply admired each of the dragons the riders had, deciding that these were fine specimens of their respective species.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:47 pm

"You have a house?" Blue asked blandly, but he was looking over his shoulder at the group of elves far, far below. He had not even had the chance to truly say goodbye...

Pat had her eyes squeezed shut as she pressed her face against the rider's back. High, so very high! High high high! S hadn't even thought about her fear of heights. Oh bugger, dragons went high!
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:49 pm

"You know what a house even is?" Blade asked in mock surprise, firing right back at Blue. "I thought you lived in a tree!"

Mark sighed. "Just... do everyone a favor and shut up." Blade pouted and stuck his tongue out at Mark.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:55 pm

"I live in a house in a tree," Blue said idly then leaned over, watching the muscles ripple beneath the scales. Such majesty! Such glory! It was so beautiful! He'd never fully realized how gorgeous dragons were.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Mark looked forward as they neared the islands. He had heard stories and seen drawings, but they were even more breath taking in person.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Blue's eyes went wide as the clouds finally parted and he could see the fabled Dragon Academy! It truly was on floating rocks in the sky! It wasn't just a myth! Astounding! The dragons slowly circled for a landing, digging their claws into the earth as they landed.

Pat didn't see the island at first, she was too busy with her face pressed into the Rider's back, whimpering softly. When the rider nudged her, she finally lifted her head and gasped in awe. It was more beautiful than anything she'd ever imagined! Sitting back, she leaned over slightly so she could see better. The dragon landed a little roughly, and caught unprepared, Pat tumbled off with a yelp, landing on her rump. Well, not exactly the most dignified entrance ever, but she was here and alive!!
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:09 pm

Blade and Mark slid off of the dragons pretty gracefully, given their vastly different backgrounds. Mark walked over to where the attendants were handling the eggs, and offered to help.

Blade stretched and looked around. "Eh. Where can a guy get something to eat around here?"he asked loudly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:18 pm

The headmaster looped around the island once before coming in for a landing, patting Nexus' neck gently. He dismounted and stood looking the new recruits over. "Welcome to the academy! For now, your dragon eggs will be placed in the rookery along with the rest of the eggs. In two days time, your dragons will hatch. You will be there to watch and you will be the first thing your dragons see," the headmaster said. "We will use that time until then to get you settled in and show you your classes. Your classes will be in wilderness survival, flight, history, battle, and some tinkering, as well, smithing and leather work to build the items you will need for the gear you use on your dragons. Violet will show you the way to the dormitories," the headmaster said, gesturing toward the woman as she approached. "Normally there are four to a room. Ezra will see to your accommodations. Any more questions?"

SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:21 pm

Blade raised his hand, and asked his question before he was called upon. "Do we get food after the tour? Or during. I'm not picky, as long as I get to eat."

Mark sighed and shook his head. "This will be fun..." he murmured to himself.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:28 pm

"There are three meals a day. Miss Violet will explain more," Grumbledorf said calmly.

Violet stepped forward to take control of the situation, her gaze like ice as she cast her gaze over the group. "Follow me if you will." She turned and headed for the main building. They had to cross a bridge before bein able to actually get to the island. "I'm sure you all are wondering just how the islands stay afloat within the sky, and no it actually is not magic, though these islands are thought to have been here since before the time of man when all dragons flew wild. This was their hatching land, and for some species, it still is. The rocks we stand on hover in the air due to magnetic repulsion. It has been studied that there are certain metals within these formations that strongly repel with the metals within the earth below." With that, she started walking on the long bridge that was suspended above the clouds. As she walked, she raised her voice so they could hear though her tone was still calm. "These bridges, unlike the island, are protected by magic. They are not going to snap as you walk across. Come along now." She didn't look back a second time.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Blade boredly but boldly followed. There really wasn't much he was afraid of. He just was about asleep with this tour already. He took out a knife and started playing with it, finding it more interesting than this dry woman.

Mark followed and politely listened. He had heard of the islands of course, but didn't know how they floated. He found it all quite fascinating.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Blue followed a little behind Mark, looking over the side curiously. Magic and science working as one. He had to admit that was rather fascinating.

Violet waited until they were halfway across before turning. Her hand snapped out and grabbed Blade's knife by the blade. She held it lightly then flipped it, holding the tip of the hilt and allowing it to dangle. "A rider who is too bored to listen is a dead rider," she said coldly, hard eyes glittering as she slowly held the knife over the edge of the bridge. She let go, the knife glinting as it fell. "I do not ask for your respect, but I will have your attention or your body will follow your knife. Am I clear?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next