Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 35 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:54 pm

"Yes and yes," Lex told him.  "Let's see how strong of wood we can get for as cheap as we can manage, yeah?"

"How many?" True asked, smiling a little at her face."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 35 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Ashton grinned. After they reached the store, Ashton went around and checked out all the options first.

Kat blushed more. "I don't know.... two or three? I want a bit and a girl at least...."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:12 pm

(A bit and a girl.  So a girl and a half a child?)

Lex went to the nails first and looked around.  Nails were cheap, that was good.  He got a bagful to start with and went to check on Ashton.

"Two or three is a good number," True agreed.  "Would you stay home with them?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:02 pm

(Stupid autocorrect DX< BOY and a girl....)

Ashton had found some strong wood that was on clearance.

Kat considered that idea. "I don't know. I'd at least want to work part time."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:14 pm

"This is perfect," Lex approved when he saw the wood.  "Good choice.  Let's grab one of those carts and get going."

"For me, it would be very import there always be someone there with the children," True said.  "I didn't exactly have a lot of time with my parent," the good kind of time, anyway, "and I wouldn't want my kids to be alone ever.  At least until they were older and had proven they were trustworthy, you know."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 pm

Ashton ginned. "If you want to grab a cart, I will start picking out the best pieces of wood."

Kat nodded. "I like and respect that. So would you be the working parent or the stay at home parent? My only want is that would want my family to have one meal a day at least where we all eat together like a family."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:24 pm

"Sounds fair," Lex agreed, going to get the cart.

"Well, as a man, it's my drive to be the provider of my family, but if I and my wife both had part time, one could work morning, one afternoon, and dinner time and late evenings could have both of us home," True suggested.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Ashton started to pick through the wood. There was actually a lot of good pieces.

Kat nodded. "I like that idea. The only dilemma I see with that is they would have to be good paying jobs for it to work out and everyone to live comfortably."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:39 pm

Lex helped him load up, grunting appreciatively at the quality of the wood.  Not often you found this kind of wood for this low a price.  

"Sometimes it's worth giving up some of the nicer things in order to spend more time with your kids," True said quietly, "but I understand where you're coming from.  I guess decisions can be made based on the jobsI could find."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:44 pm

Ashton made sure everything stacked neatly on the cart so that they could easily get as many as they needed. "Oh, what about hammers?" he asked. "We have wood and nails already...."

Kat paused and looked at True. "True... can I ask you a weird question?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:47 pm

"There's a couple of hammers in the garage unless you want to get our own," Lex mumbled around a splinter he was trying to suck out of his palm.

"You can ask me anything you want," True smiled.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:51 pm

Ashton nodded. "Oh. Okay." He already had several splinters in his hands, but he hadn't noticed. That pain didn't register.

"When you were coming out of anesthesia, you asked if I would marry you." Kat said as she carefully watched True's reaction. "Was there some hidden reason you said that, or was it all the drugs or....?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:59 pm

"you look like a porcupine," Lex smirked.  "We'll have to work on that when we get home."

True shifted uncomfortably.  "Well, you know drugs... I..."  He took a deep breath and looked her in the eye.  "I love you, Kat, and if I could, I would... I would ask..."  He petered off and looked down, afraid of her answer.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:04 pm

Ashton looked at his hands and frowned. "How'd that happen?"

Kat blushed and looked down, smiling. "Well, I don't feel ready for that big of a commitment quite yet, but if I was going to marry someone, well, there is one person I hope it will be...."Her cheeks grew more red.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:15 pm

"you were handling wood without gloves, that's how," Lex said dryly.  "Take the front of this thing and help me steer to the check out."

True swallowed hard but found he couldn't.  His mouth had turned to sandpaper.  "May I ask who that might be?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:22 pm

Ashton nodded and helped. He didn't feel the splinters, and so little did he know that by helping, he pushed a could in deeper.

"Well, uh, you..." Kat said in a small and soft voice. She was unable to meet True's eyes.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:26 pm

(A could?  Splinter?  Just checking.)

Lex paid for their materials then started outside.  Only once they were out the door did he pause.  "Crap.  Now we get to carry the dam stuff all the way home," he grumbled.

True took a deep, shaky breath.  "I guess we see what happens from here?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:35 pm

(a couple. I meant a couple, but my fingers wrote could, I suppose. Sorry)

"Maybe we could borrow the cart, and return it after we bring the wood home?" Ashton suggested.

Kat nodded. "Yeah... I suppose...."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:44 pm

(All good.  That makes sense.)

"That's the best I got," Lex agreed, getting started once more.  "This is going to be fun..."

True reached up and touched her cheek.  "Are you okay?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:47 pm

Ashton laughed a little. "I think it'll get more fun when we actually get around to painting and getting stuff for our new lair."

Kat smiled and nodded. "Yeah... I just.... I had never thought about that kind of thing before."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:54 pm

"Yeah, just remember to ask the Doc if we can borrow the car for getting the paint home," Lex grumbled.

"Neither have I," True admitted.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:57 pm

"Will do." Ashton asked. He thought a moment. "I don't know how to drive. Do you?"

Kat smiled a little. She pointed to Treble and Night to change the subject. "They look adorable together."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:07 am

"I got the basic idea," Lex shrugged.  "I've jacked a few cars in my time."

"They really do," True chuckled, stroking the top of Treble's head with one finger.  "Looks like Night has a nanny now."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:11 am

"I don't think Doc would like you jacking his car." Ashton said. "But if you asked, I see him maybe letting us use it."

Treble purred loudly under True's touch.
Kat laughed some. "Maybe Treble would be a good nanny for him. I'm sure she will teach him how to cat right."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:17 am

"I did say we'd ask him," Lex pointed out.

"I think he'll need some help after being raised by a human," True laughed.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next