Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Rider Play

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Dragon Rider Play - Page 39 Empty Re: Dragon Rider Play

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:58 pm

"Earlier this morning." Mark said. "He passed out earlier, but he's awake now and has been for a while."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:00 am

"Good."  53 let himself in and went straight to Blade.  "Well.  You two are certainly a dreary sight.  How do you feel, young Blade?"

Tithenor casually moved away, going toward one of Alistair's underling's bunks.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:08 am

"Cold, and woozy." Blade answered honestly. "And hungry. Very hungry. Practically starving." He carefully sat up. "Want me to take the bandages off so the expert can take a look?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:13 am

"I will do that, thank you," 53 said.  "The blood often sticks to the bandages.  Mark, please go get him some food.  Tithenor, there should be some extra blankets right over there."

"I will get one, sir," Tithenor said, stepping over toward where 53 indicated.  It was a trunk right between Alistair's and Eric's bunks.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:16 am

Mark nodded and slipped out to do just that. He again apologized and explained everything to the chefs.

Blade nodded to 53. "Want Erika to help you, Tithenor?" He offered.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:24 am

The chefs grumbled a little, but since it was 53's orders and Blade, they packed a healthy sized basket full of breads, cold cuts, and cheeses.

"Thank you, but no, Blade, I think I can manage," Tithenor said, almost tripping but catching himself.  He knelt and started struggling with the latch.  It was tougher than it looked.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:27 am

Mark thanked them profusely before he made his way back to the bunkhouse.

Blade watched 53 work. "Okay, ow?" He said as he took off the last of the wrap on one arm. "Ow ow ow ow ow, that stings a lot."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:30 am

"I am not surprised," 53 said, pulling off the last of it and setting it aside.  "My apologies, but there's no better way o do it."  He took Blade's arm and began to study it.  "This was cleaned very well.  Pat helped?"

Tithnor finally got the latch undone right as Mark entered, nearly falling on his rump as he did so.  Muttering softly to himself, he rightened and opened the trunk to reveal a heavy wool blanket.  Too hot for this weather, except perhaps for Blade.

Erika lifted her head suddenly, sniffing.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:34 am

Blade smiled just a little. He thought he knew where it was hidden now, the sneaky devil. "Yeah, Pat mummified me. I guess his constant check ups were useful after all, eh?"

Mark walked over and set the basket on the bed next to Blade. "Be glad the chefs like you so much."

"I am certain that they are deities at this point." Blade praised.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:37 am

53 glanced at him and smiled.  "As for Pat, I have been giving him lessons when he is in my care for extended amounts of time.  And for the chefs, please do not inflate their egos any further.  They shall hurt themselves."

Tithenor picked up the heavy blanket and Erika gave a sudden squeal, scrambling to try to get down from Blade's bunk.  She knew that smell!  Tithenor looked down, confused.  All he saw was another thinner blanket.  Odd for the thinner blanket to be on the bottom.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:42 am

"But why not?" Blade said. "After over a decade of scrounging on the streets, their food is like a godsend." he looked at Erika. Bingo. "Is there any blankets other than that, Tithenor? That blanket looks pretty scratchy and way too warm right now."

Mark set Erika down so she didn't hurt herself by falling.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:45 am

Tithenor glanced at Blade and lifted the thinner blanket underneath.  Something glittered in the dim light.  "There is something here. But it is not another blanket."  He tipped the chest over, spilling out Erika's loot.

Eirka scrambled across the floor as fast as her little legs would take her and all but flung herself into the pile, crowing her delight at the top of her lungs.

"What on earth?" 53 said, surprised.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:53 am

Blade's attention turned serious. "This morning, Erika's treasure's were stolen from her stall. My arms are proof of that. She was freaking out, and I tried to calm her. Even I could really do nothing short of returning everything. However, while I was in the rookery before lunch, I did hear of someone mentioning stolen goods, and I think the evidence lines up now. It was Alistair that was talking to two of his teammates about how nice the stolen hoard was, and that there beside the chest is his bunk."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:55 am

"The evidence is pretty bad," 53 agreed, "however, there is the problem with this being a public chest.  Just because it's by his bed doesn't mean he put it there."

Leaving her treasures, Erika returned to Blade and held up her muzzle, presenting something to him.  She wanted him to take it.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:02 am

Blade accepted the item. "I heard Alistair explicitly talk about stolen things just today, after the fact." He looked at what Erika gave him.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:05 am

Erika spat out the broken tip of a knife and growled, scratching her claws.  It was His knife!  His broken knife!  It smelled strongly of him!
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:08 am

Blade looked at Erika. "What do you mean, 'his knife,' Erika? Who's?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:13 am

Erika clicked her fangs, spines nestling in irritation as she went to Alistair's bed and reached up to tug on his blankets.  Her treasures stank of him!
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:15 am

Blade nodded and turned to 53. "Erika says her treasures reek of Alistair. Is there any more proof you need?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:18 am

53 sighed, bowing his head.  "Mark, I need you to go get the Headmaster and the four professors.  I will stay here to ensure nothing changes.  Tithenor, please fetch Alistair."

The elf bowed and headed out the door.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:28 am

Mark nodded and sprinted to Blackwater and Alterrion first. Alterrion told Mark he would get the Headmaster while Mark went and got the other professors. He went to Lucius first after Blackwater and Alterrion.

Blackwater and Loam landed in front of the Bunkhouse. Loam stayed outside while Blackwater went inside. No one but Loam and possible the Headmaster knew how much the dryad hated being indoors, but he hid and tolerated it well enough where there were emergencies such as this one.

Alterrion knocked on the Headmaster's office door with a clear and confident knock before patiently awaiting the Headmaster's answer.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:35 am

Lucius was in his office, as usual, but he quickly agreed to coming, gathering his coat about him as he strode toward the bunkhouse. Only now that he was forced to walk farther than from one side of the chalkboard to the other was his limp evident.  He used his cane but didn't lean much on it as he strode along.

Krudd was in the forge fixing a bit of armor.

"Thank you for coming, Blackwater," 53 said as Erika hissed possessively.  Her treasure!

The Headmaster's door opened after a pause and the man looked at Alterrion curiously.  "You look as though trouble is afoot, my friend."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:40 am

Mark then ran to Krudd's forge. The young man was now starting to tire. "Krudd?!" He still called in a loud voice when he entered the forge.

Blackwater nodded to 53 before giving Erika a calm look.

"Mark informed me of it." Alterrion said in a level tone, although the Headmaster could tell that the asmar was seething. "A student stole a treasure hoard from another student's dragon. The treasure has been found, and the culprit identified. 53 has requested you to come along with all the professors in handling it."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:47 am

Krudd growled as he stomped out of his forge.  "Aye?  What's happened now?"

Erika backed down, but she still growled softly, spreading her wings to cover her hoard.

"Then we should go," the Headmaster said in an equally level tone.  He swept around the asmar and strode toward the bunkhouse, his robes billowing as he descended the stairs. 

Tithenor arrived at the bunkhouse, a confused Alistair in tow.  The elf had told him nothing, only that his presence was required.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:53 am

Mark did his best to explain the situation between catching his breath.

Alterrion followed the Headmaster. He was still seething, but could do nothing as of now, unless ordered or if the situation dictated.

Blade watched Alistair walk in. His face was expressionless and betrayed nothing, but he was genuinely surprised at how little care Alistair took to hide the stolen property. Maybe street thiefs were better after all. They thought more about the possibility of their items accidentally being found."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next