Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Rider Play

2 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Dragon Rider Play - Page 11 Empty Re: Dragon Rider Play

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:49 am

While the beast was disoriented, Blade instinctively and expertly darted in and slit the creature's neck open before retreating. He didn't want to be caught in the death through.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:56 am

(Death throes, right? Not being picky, just double checking.)

The nazgul let out a strangled gargle and fell through the branches. Blue caught mark and yanked him back a few paces to avoid the thrashing beast. The elf stood watching calmly until the twitching stilled.
"Well that was an adventure," he drawled.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:59 am

(Yeah XD Sorry. I couldn't remember how to spell the word for a moment)

Blade shrugged. "Eh." He wiped off his knife in the grass. He didn't want the blood to dry and stain his pretty knife. It'd take forever to get that out if that happened... "You know, this is a young one, so that means there may be bigger ones not too far away, right?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:00 pm

"Most likely," Blue agreed, still sounding completely unaffected. "May I suggest we move toward the main island and report the sighting?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:04 pm

Blade shrugged, but Mark was adamant. "Yes, we definitely should. If there's more, the hatchlings could be in danger. Drakes are known to eat young dragons."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:09 pm

"Indeed, but I highly doubt there are any drakes on the islands as they cannot fly and would have been hunted off by now," Blue pointed out as they came to the bridge. He paused and sighed when he saw Pat. They shouldn't dwaddle on the bridges with the flying Naguls about, but if they told Pat, that would probably make him freeze up even more. Maybe he should just put the lad on his shoulder and carry him across.

Pat bolted to her feet when she saw the others, hastily brushing off her rump. "Um, hi, guys, did you have fun?" she stammered.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:14 pm

Mark just sprinted on ahead without saying anything. Every moment they waited, was another moment the unborn dragons were in danger. He ran across the bridge and straight to the administrative building. He tried to find Violet or the headmaster.

Blade followed more slowly. He kept his eyes open for more Nazghuls or other baby dragon eaters. If they came close enough, he could end them swiftly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:16 pm

Professor Fëanor held up a hand to stop the sprinting Mark. "I say, dear boy! Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"Indeed. And now we must go," Blue said. Without warning, he picked Pat up and slung her over his shoulder, ignoring the boy's surprised squawking as he carried him across the bridge.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:20 pm

Mark looked the professor dead in the eye, being completely serious. "Me and a couple other trainees spotted and killed a young Nazghul. I need to find Violet or the Headmaster to let them know that if there are more, the hatchlings could be in danger."

Blade walked backwards behind Blue, keeping watch. He had a throwing knife in one hand, and a battle knife in the other. Both were ready to be used in a heartbeat if needed.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:28 pm

"That is known. The alarm was sent out a scant moment ago. The three adults were taken down, but the riders lost sight of the youngling," the professor said calmly. "Once the hatchling has been taken care of, there will be no more danger."

Blue carried the squirming and squawking Pat across the bridge, putting him down when they reached the other side and ushered him forward. "The others appear to be heading for the castle. Let's try there."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:48 pm

Mark looked at the Professor steadily, clearly telling the truth. "The youngling is dead. We were walking on the smaller forest island when myself, Tithenor, and Blade encountered it. Tithenor and Blade worked together and killed it while it was near the ground."

Blade nodded and followed the taller elf and Pat. He kept a careful watch out; his eyes did not miss a thing in the clear sky or along the ground. It was times like this, when danger could be afoot, that being ADHD was a slight advantage. It allowed Blade to see and process everything all at once quickly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:53 pm

Professor Fëanor stared at him. "You three? Three trainees not even having had your first lesson? You brought down the Nazgul?"

Tithenor entered then, half pushing Pat before him, the bewildered youngster barely able to keep her feet. "Ah. Mark. You have spoken to the professor?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Mark nodded to both. "Tithenor disoriented it by throwing a rick, and then Blade killed it."

Blade frowned a bit. "Why is he looking at us like that? Last I checked, Nazghuls weren't a protected species or anything..."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:35 pm

"Nazgul? What nazgul?" Pat stammered.

The professor turned to the pair and looked them over. "Was anyone hurt?"
"No, sir, everyone is fine," Blue assured him. "The nazgul was more interested in eating than he should have been."
The professor shook his head. "Three trainees taking down a nazgul... I must tell the Headmaster!"
As Fëanor hurried away, Blue commented, "Either we did something very good or very bad."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:38 pm

Mark shrugged. "Apparently taking down a Nazgul is more impressive here than at the farm. They said that there were four total, and the three adults were taken care of already. The lost the young one, which you and Blade took care of."

Blade shrugged. "No different than killing anything else." He said under his breath. "Hit fast where it counts and avoid getting hit yourself."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:40 pm

"You have killed Nazguls on your old farm?" Blue asked Mark. "And what all have you killed, Blade?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:43 pm

"Well, more drove them off and killed their young or when they attacked." Mark admitted. "They were a nuisance whenever they showed their ugly mugs."

Blade grinned. "It's a long list. I won't start now, but if I did, you'd have to sit down and get comfortable first." He started to play with a knife again as they waited for the Headmaster the professor was getting.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:45 pm

"I see," Blue said. "I had th-"
"WHAT NAZGUL?!?" Pat yelled in frustration, causing half the room to turn and stare at her.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:48 pm

Blade sighed. "We were gallivanting through the woods when Blue told me to duck and threw a rock. I did, and there was a young Nazgul behind me. I slit it's throat and it died. No biggie. Mark wanted to make sure it was reported so they could be alert so no little dragon babies were nomed."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:49 pm

"Thank you," Pat sighed. "If you don't mind, I'm going to go finish my book then return it.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:51 pm

Blade rolled his eyes. "Nerd." He teased as Pat left.

Mark smacked Blade's shoulder. "Be nice!"

"Make me!" Blade snapped back. Mark raised a challenging eyebrow. Mark was bigger and stronger than Blade, who backed down and was quieter.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:56 pm

"Both of you be nice," Blue scolded with a slight frown. "The Headmaster is coming, and I'd rather we were treated as heroes, not squabbling children."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:02 pm

Mark nodded and straightened up respectfully. Blade just kept playing with his knife distractedly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:05 pm

Blue reached out, caching the knife and deftly slipping it into Blade's belt. Before the other could start screaming, he replaced the knife with an orange just as the Headmaster came into view, striding toward them.
"You three took down the Nazgul alone?" he asked, eyeing them.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm

Mark dipped his head respectfully. "I did not do anything, headmaster. It was Thithenor and Blade that together killed the beast." He recounted the event to the headmaster, leaving out the fact that Blade had been upset and nearly ran into the thing.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next