Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 3 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:12 pm

"All right." Ashton nodded. "Any leads on where the kids been lurking?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 3 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:14 pm

"Yeah, I last heard he hung out around that one Chinese food joint.  Great Wall or something.  He gets his meals from there," Lex said, leading the way.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Ashton shuddered and followed. "I've heard bad things abiut eating old Chinese food...."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:17 pm

"I never touch the crap," Lex said frankly.  "He's probably sick as a dog."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:20 pm

"Poor kid." Ashton said sympathetically. "I remember when I first went to the streets, that was my first mistake. I made sure it didnt happen again unless I was starving."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:22 pm

"I saw it happen to a couple of lads.  That was warning enough."  Lex paused and glanced around.  "Time to take to the roofs."  He found a house with easy enough roof access and headed up fast and smooth.  As long as they didn't land or step too hard, they shouldn't realize they were on the roof.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Ashton loyally followed his best friend. He still wasnt as graceful as Lex, but the steady diet had let him actually lean up a little, and he was more aware of his movements now.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Lex kept to the rooftops until they reached the more industrial side of town.  He slowed, looking around carefully as he searched for the kid in question.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Ashton looked too. After a while, he signaled Lex over. "Is this the kid?" He asked in a low tone, indicating to someone.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Lex squinted.  "Yep, that's him.  Ideas on approach?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Ashton watched and pondered for a moment. "Offer a bottle of water? Hes losing a lot of fluids, and it'll probably have made him thirsty." He suggested.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Lex considered the validity of this idea and nodded.  He passed Ashton a bit of money.  "Go get us some waters.  I'll watch him."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Ashton nodded and left. About ten minutes later, he came back across the roofs to Lex. He had a couple bottles of water.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Lex accepted the bottles and pointed down.  "You behind, me in front.  Try not to scare him too bad."  He slid down the rain gutter about half a block away and started walking toward the kid.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Ashton did the same from the opposite side and assumed a non threatening posture as he made his way towards the kid.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:16 pm

(Can't remember his name.)

"Hey, kid.  You okay?" Lex called to him.
The kid jerked and stared at Lex in terror.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Ashton paused, and let Lex try and calm him down. Two strangers might have spooked the twig more.

(I forget too....)
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:21 pm

"Who are you?  What do you want?  I haven't done anything!" the kid yelped, shaking visibly.
Lex held up a water bottle and tossed it to the kid.  "You look like a piece of crap," he said before cracking open his own and drinking from it.  "I'm Lex.  That's Ashton."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Ashton steppex forwarx and waved a little. "We aren't gonna hurt you. We just want to talk... And make sure you're all right." He said calmly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:32 pm

"I'm fine!  I'm fine.  I don't need anything," he snapped, trying to back away.
"Don't make me repeat myself," Lex grumbled.  "We're not looking to trade favors or anything.  We're looking to get you back with your parents."
The kid hesitated.  "My... parents?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Ashton nodded. "Do you want to go back to them?" He asked gently.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:00 pm

He shook his head hard.  "No!  I can't go back to them.  They couldn't possibly take me back."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:02 pm

"Why?" Ashton asked, trying to keep calm and not threatening. "What happened, if we can know?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:09 pm

The kid shifted and lowered his gaze, hugging himself.  "They... um... they were... they didn't get me.  They wouldn't let me do me things... I can stay out as late as I want!  I can make my own choices!"
"Wow.  They sound horrible," Lex drawled.
The kid glared at him.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Ashton sighed. "And you didnt talk to them about it, I'm guessing?" He said gently. "Was it worth it? Leaving a warm home with safe food to eat to being homeless, half starved, and sick?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next