Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

2 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 37 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:10 pm

(What was the point in Gaster talking to Lex alone if he's just going to blab it to the other two?)

"We should probably be heading home for lunch," True commented casually to Kat.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress - Page 37 Empty Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:13 pm

(He didn't tell them all of what he told Lex, but fair point...)

Kat nodded and looked at Paul and Sam before back at True. "Want to start heading back with these guys and I'll talk to Gaster and the rest?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:28 pm

"Sure," True agreed.  "Hey, you two, which of you wants to ride back home?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:11 pm

Paul volunteered and practically begged to ride on True's lap. Sam laughed and said he could carry the kittens.

Kat told Gaster, Layla, and Ashton they were heading back for lunch. Layla followed Kat, and Gaster went to look for Shuni while Ashton went to find Lex.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:38 pm

Bitty Kitty was perfectly happy letting Sam carry him, but Night mewed and tried to run away.  Shuni came out of hiding in time to scoop Night up and scurry over to Sam.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Sam smiled. "Hi Shuni! What do you want for lunch? I heard Kat's cooking!"

Ashton continued to look for Lex, even after everyone else left the park.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:59 pm

"Kat is cooking?" Shuni asked softly, looking up at the older girl.  "What are you cooking?"

Lex had sought the solitude of the roofs as he always had when upset.  He wasn't far from home, in easy distance of the roof, in fact, sitting on someone's balcony, just staring.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:02 am

"I was thinking just grilled cheese." Kat said, smiling at Shuni. "Maybe tomato soup as well?" Layla suggested. Kat smiled. "Sounds good to me."

It took Ashton a long time, but eventually he found Lex. He didn't intrude, but shadowed him a little ways away. Lex probably already knew he was there, and so he waited respectfully until Lex was ready for company again.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:23 am

"That is good stuff," Shuni agreed, brightening.  "I like soup."
"Me too," True agreed, smiling up at Layla.

Lex fingered a joint, tempted, but he knew at this point it would be more for comfort than an actual medical need.  They didn't really help much anymore, anyway.  Suddenly, he threw it as far as he could and moodily hunkered down into his coat.  Why couldn't he just be left alone?  Wasn't what he had bad enough?  Why did it have to keep getting worse?!
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:27 am

(I really wanna give Lex a hug right now.... poor tortured baby....)

Layla smiled a little. She was still hesitant around everyone, but decided that they were all okay. She just hoped Lex would make it back in time for lunch. 
Kat asked Shuni what kind of cheeses they should put in their grilled cheese sandwiches.

Ashton sighed a little but stayed put, letting Lex have at least a few more moments to himself before doing anything.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:30 am

Shuni happily told Kat all the possible combinations, talking way above anything True understood.  What the heck was gooda cheese?  Was it related to betta cheese or something?

Lex gave an aggravated huff and said without turning, "You can come join my pity party, if you want, Ashton."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:33 am

Kat seemed to have an idea and nodded. "How about you and me pick up some cheeses on the way home, and Layla? Could you start the soup when you get there?" Layla nodded a little in agreement.

Ashton slid down the roof and beside Lex. "So...." He started somewhat awkwardly.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:43 am

"Sounds like a team," True laughed.

"So, what?" Lex grumbled.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:47 am

Kat smiled and took Shuni to a local deli on the way home, promising to meet them there. She showed Shuni the cheese section, and the wide variety of sliced cheeses.

"Are you okay?" Ashton asked.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:53 am

Lex snorted.  "I'm dying.  Aren't we all?  I'm just getting there a little faster, is all, but come on.  We both know I've beaten the odds as far as my predicted lifespan a bunch of times over.  It's about time I finally kick off."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:56 am

Ashton snorted. "I think you have a few more miles on you yet. Besides, hadn't things started to look up for you? A safe place to crash, and not having to sleep with one eye open? And then there's the newest houseguest..."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:57 am

"That's nice and all, but I can't run from my own body," Lex told Ashton gruffly.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:00 am

Ashton laughed softly. "I admit... if I thought you had to go, it'd be in a huge gang fight, and you would be going kicking and screaming while dragging some f---ers down with you." He sighed. "And you're sure there's no other way?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:03 am

"Not unless I find some gang to fight for no reason," Lex said calmly.  "Or..."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:04 am

Ashton looked at Lex. "Or....?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:09 am

Lex shifted.  "Or I let the Doc poke around and experiment and maybe make it better."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:12 am

Ashton took a deep breath. "Well, what's your thoughts on it?" he asked, voice and expression neutral.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:13 am

Lex looked Ashton dead in the eye.  "I'm not going back into a lab.  Not unless I have no other choice."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:15 am

"Even if it kills you?" Ashton asked Lex as seriously. "Even if it means never seeing me, or True, or anyone ever again?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:21 am

Lex looked away, studying the clouds.  "Couple months ago, I'd have said yes.  Now... I guess I'm not so sure."  Then he snorted and shook his head.  "The Doc isn't sure of anything.  Maybe I'll spontaneously get better.  What does he know?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next