Peaceful Wolf

A Place dedicated to being Calm, and peaceful.

Dragon Rider Play

Darkness Laughing

Re: Dragon Rider Play

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Mark inwardly sighed in relief. "The problem is, there are too many people who would gain if our teams were in discord. We should combine information and resources to try and narrow down the list." He paused a moment. "Also, Blade plans on speaking and apologizing to Alistair in person tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions on how he should go about that? I see it going either well, or very badly in a hurry, and his help especially could be crucial in finding out who really did it."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Eric considered, but it was one of the others that spoke first.  "He doesn't like being approached as a thief and assassin.  He wants to be someone new.  Like all of us."
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Mark nodded gratefully. "Thank you. I will make sure Blade knows."

Blade, as he carved, got a couple of ideas of how to earn Alistair's trust. Once the carving of Mellon was done, he tried to recollect what Alistair's dragon looked like. He had a pretty good memory, but asked Erika if she could remember. "And little lady, did you sent anything other than Alistair's scent on your things?"
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:17 pm

The other rider nodded.  "Good luck with that.  And... Thank you.  For being honest and not throwing our boss under the cart."
    "He is innocent.  That is what matters, not anyone's opinion," Tithenor said firmly.

Erika did her best with explaining her fellow dragon, but dragons tended to see things different than humans.  At Blade's question, she tossed her head.  No scents, but there was one thing missing.  Her figurines were still in the rookery, but she couldn't find her one small brooch.  Not anywhere.
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:05 pm

Mark looked about the five(?) of them. "I'll make a list of all the riders not in our teams, and as we confirm certain riders as not being suspects, we can mark them off and narrow it down that way. I will keep the only list, to try and avoid it falling into the wrong hands. Does that seem fair?"

As soon as Erika mentioned a piece of her treasure was gone, something clicked in Blade's mind. Maybe that could be a clue? "Erika, tell me everything about that broach, from where you found it, scents on it, and what it looks like. Erika, this might be a vital clue to finding the real culprit." He pulled out paper and a quill. He was actually going to note this so he didn't skimp over anything.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:12 pm

(Three, Eric and two others)

"That's fair," Eric agreed to the list. The three of them gathered around, enthusiastic about helping.

Erika was a little taken aback by his enthusiasm, it she did her best to explain everything about the broach.
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Mark started making a list. He got a lot of people on his own, but had to ask help on remembering several of them. "Okay, who can we eliminate without a shadow of a doubt?"

Blade recorded everything. he even sketched out what it looked like. As Erika talked about it, he remembered what it looked like. "Erika... this may be the missing piece to solving it." He hugged his dragon.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:19 pm

The three each pointed to a couple names each.  There were good reasons why these ones shouldn't even be considered.

Erika gave a confused chirp.  What did that mean?
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:24 pm

Mark crossed those off, as well as a couple that clearly didn't show the drive or foresight to plan that much that effectively.

Blade smiled a little. "Well, it can be tracked. If we find anyone with that exact broach, then we know they may have had a hand in it."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:28 pm

Tithenor pointed out three names himself then nodded.  "This list is much more manageable.  Only seven left."  He stepped back.  "If you four can get started, I need to go speak to the Headmaster.  I doubt he will allow Alistair to go free on our word alone, but perhaps.  If nothing else, I will arrange a meeting between him and Blade."

Erika purred in understanding. That made sense!
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:39 pm

Mark looked at Tithenor. "Want me to go with you?"

Blade nodded. "I know we're suppose to stay here, but I feel Tithenor needs to know this. Will you accompany me? You can hide your trove with my things if you want."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:44 pm

Tithenor shook his head.  "Thank you, I will be fine.  I will catch up soon."

Erika considered then chirped.  She hopped down and started stashing her treasure with Blade's things.  Could she get her figurines when they went out?
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:05 pm

Mark nodded a little and started to head back to the bunkhouse. "Oh, and guy's? None of this gets mentioned to Pat. We don't want him accidentally getting hurt or passing this on, all right?"

Blade smiled a little. "Sure. Let's go, Erika." He stood and headed towards the door.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:36 pm

"Damn straight!" one of the other two growled.  Clearly, there were still some hard feelings, but they wouldn't go after Pat.  Not yet, anyway.

Erika stayed at Blade's hip, watching her rider closely.  Would he be okay?  Or would the trip make him dizzy again?"
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Mark sighed. "I doubt Pat did any of it willingly, just saying..." He said before he left to go to keep Blade company.

Blade took a few keep breaths as he stood, taking it slow right now. Once he felt confident, he walked to the door and opened it, looking for the elf.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Tithenor had been on his way toward the castle, but he paused when he spotted Blade.  Adjusting his path, he went to his younger brother instead.  "I trust this is important?"
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:04 pm

Blade nodded and showed Tithenor the papers. "Erika found a single piece of her treasure unaccounted for. Do you understand what that means?"
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:09 pm

"It is... a broach?" Tithenor asked, turning the papers right side up.  "How is the broach connected to this again?"
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:14 pm

Blade smiled. "Think, Tithenor! Let's say you acquired a lot of stuff, and found one small piece, maybe yours or significant to you. You would probably take it because who would miss one, small piece, yes?" Blade laughed a little. "If we find the broach, we may find the culprit, or at least more clues."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:18 pm

"Agreed, although I believe it may have been taken as a trophy.  Either way, your theory is highly probable," TIthenor agreed.  "Very well, I shall add this to my report to the Headmaster.  What else have you discovered?"
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:23 pm

"That was the major part, although..." Blade's face turned more serious. "Whoever did this... must know how much I don't like Alistair. i don't know how much that narrows things down, and whoever did it... they aren't good at hiding things or impersonating it. As i was thinking back on it more, it would have been downright shameful of Alistair to have hidden stolen things that crudely. I know he didn't now, but he is as least as good as me if not better, and even I know how to hide things better than that."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Tithenor nodded sadly.  "That does mark a few off the list.  Thank you, Blade.  This is good information."
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Blade nodded. "Who is still on that list?"
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:37 pm

"Three riders," Tithenor admitted.  "Henry is still there."
    Darkness Laughing

Post by Darkness Laughing on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Blade considered. "If we have narrowed it down to those three, we could observe how Pat reacts around those three, and even rotate some people shadowing each one."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:47 pm