Peaceful Wolf

A Place dedicated to being Calm, and peaceful.

DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Dark Silence

Re: DT Serum, Primary Testing In Progress

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:09 pm

Gaster was shuffling through some papers and muttering to himself when True and Sam came in. "Perfect! Look through all of these and let me know if you find any titled 'Project Blackbird.' I think I have connected the dots, but I need to look at the dots again." He handed True and Sam a stack of papers each before he looked through even more papers.

~

Ashton leaned back and looked up at the ceiling. "Maybe it's just a very soft thing of me to think about, but I felt I should at least tell you that was all."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:13 pm

"Project Blackbird?" True repeated, puzzled.  He stared at the stack of papers for a moment before he started shuffling through them.  "Dad, why don't you have a secretary?  She'd be able to help you out with things like this.  Or him."

~

"Oh," Lex mumbled, feeling awkward.  Then he remembered something and shifted, pulling a package from his pocket.  "Dinner.  I think I sat on it."  He thrust it at Ashton and stood, walking away to put some distance between them.  He stood smoking and staring up at the jar of peaches in the window.  he still hadn't gotten around to getting more.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:31 pm

"Project Blackbird is a concept that Ally came up with that I tried to pursue until I hit a wall." Gaster explained. "And the problem with a secretary is that i don't want just any old stranger looking through my work. On top of that, How would they organize it in a way i could find it as quickly as them?" He shuffled through more papers, pulling a couple aside.

~

Ashton thanked Lex and quietly ate. He hadn't meant for Lex to feel awkward about it
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:37 pm

"You have no idea where your Blackbird dots are, so I think the question is how could they possibly make it any slower or messier?" True said dryly.  "Here's one.  Oh, another."

~

Lex finally came back, soothed by the joint and the space.  "Tomorrow I'll get the junk we need.  Got a list?"
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Gaster muttered to himself as he started to look through the papers. "Well, what do you expect me to do, True? Place in an add and let any old schmuck come in for an interview? I promise I will be most harsh in who I choose."

~

Ashton nodded and handed Lex a list that was in his pocket. "There's actually two lists. One is what we will need soon, and the other are things we will probably need before winter sets in and things become harder."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:53 pm

True shrugged.  "There's plenty of places that have adds in papers and such.  Require experience and ask for references, put them on a trial period, whatever will appease your worry."

~

Lex looked the list over and nodded.  "I can get it.  Got some windfall today, I think it'll cover everything on the first list easy, maybe the second."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:56 pm

Gaster was about to say something, before he froze. "Wait a minute.... I know someone who told me she wanted to be a secratary. She even applied here at RoscTech, but was turned down for lack of prior experience. Her name is Geena..."

~

Ashton nodded. "I'd offer to go with, but I am still under house arrest, aren't I..."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:05 pm

True had to bite his tongue to keep from laughing.  Giving his brother a significant look, he replied, "But if she doesn't have prior experience, why would you hire her?"  Of course he wanted his dad to hire her, but Gaster had to talk himself into it.

~

"Dang straight you are," Lex said simply, moving toward Ashton's bed.  "I'm going to catch some shut eye."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:08 pm

"Well, if you apply for any job, it's for one of two reasons; because you have experience or you wish to gain it. So by saying prior experience is a requirement, you are greatly diminishing the possible applicants, even the really good ones." Gaster explained.

~

Ashton sighed a little. He wasn't going to argue, but he was just so bored!
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:11 pm

"You just said you needed someone to make things less messy.  How do you know she won't make things worse?" True pointed out, almost teasingly.

~

Lex grunted as he made himself comfortable, moving Ashton's box as he did so.  While his body blocked the box from Ashton's view, his hand dipped in and deposited something inside the box.  Then he laid down and closed his eyes as though nothing were amiss.  In truth, he was asleep in minutes.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:17 pm

"Well, that is why things called trial periods exist, yes?" Gaster pointed out.

~

Ashton fidgeted on the couch. He hated being still, but he didn't want to move around too much and wake Lex.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:21 pm

"Alright... I guess...  If you can't think of anyone else, might as well be her," True agreed with a shrug.

~

Lex was out cold, snoring.  

(Go play with your toys, Ashton!!)
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:28 pm

"Well, if I do decide I need a secretary, I don't see why she shouldn't have a chance." Gaster retorted. "There's still a couple of pages missing..."

~

Ashton decided to go through his box and make sure everything in there was neat and clean. he picked up the box and sat back down on the couch before he opened it up.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:32 pm

"I've gone through my stack twice, there's nothing here," True answered.  He glanced at Sam.  "You?"

~

Inside the box, on the top where it had been tossed, was a unicorn.  It was a white horse-creature, but the build was strong and noble.  Certainly no prancing white girl's pony. [no offence to true femal equestrians, who I know can beat me to a pulp]  It hadn't been there earlier.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:40 pm

(Lol XD My cousin loves horses with a passion. I at the least take no offense)

Sam gave Gaster one paper. Gaster grumbled and looked around for any more stacks of paper he may have missed.

~

Ashton furrowed his brow and carefully picked up the unicorn. Where had this come from? it wasn't there before and the only ones that had been here all day were him and-It clicked in his mind and he looked at the guy sleeping in the corner. He smiled a little and carefully set the unicorn aside and went through his box once more, cleaning what needed cleaned and upkeeping what needed upkeep.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:42 pm

"You may need a bloodhound to find it," True snickered, setting his stack aside.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:46 pm

Gaster grumbled. He eventually found the missing page, and spread them out over his desk. He scanned each one and jotted down notes before he collected all the paper and bolted out of the room, shouting excitedly for Dr. Ally.

SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:24 pm

True glanced at Sam.  "Thank you, Sam, for that back up," he said dryly.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 pm

"Huh?" Sam looked up. he had been busy reading over some older papers. These didn't have Gaster's name on them, nor were in his handwriting, but rather Proditor's name and handwriting.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:34 pm

"Help with... What are you reading?"  True's tone became sharper at the question.  "You shouldn't be reading that."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:36 pm

Sam flinched a little. "I'm sorry! I saw some interesting words and I couldn't help it!" The notes, upon closer inspection, were some Proditor made on robotics. Specifically, combining them with human flesh.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:45 pm

True took a deep, shaky breath. Even so, his voice was cold and hard.  "Close it.  Put it away.  There is nothing that man wrote that is worth reading.  Especially not you.  Do you understand?"
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:48 pm

Sam looked down but nodded. He put the papers back on their father's desk. He didn't know the full extent of how Proditor ruined True's life, only that he had kidnapped Gaster and was True's birth father. He faintly remembered visiting Gaster with his mother after Proditor attacked him, but otherwise was innocent of the man's crimes against humanity.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:56 pm

True jerked himself backward, turning toward the door.  "Don't ever have anything o do with that madman, Sam.  He's not even worth the energy to hate, but his work will lead you into a black hole."  With that, he shoved forward and headed down the hall.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:01 am

Sam swallowed. He hadn't realized how much True didn't like that man. But now Sam was even more curious, more questions flooded his mind. Why did Proditor act like that? If he was a brilliant man, what happened that made him so cruel and corrupted?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:47 am