Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Rider Play

2 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Dragon Rider Play - Page 37 Empty Re: Dragon Rider Play

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:38 am

Blade considered a long moment before nodding. "Fine. Deal for now."

Nightshade grew very, very scared. It must be something awful and scary if she couldn't tell Nightshade. The young dragon thought it may even be something she did, and started to freak out.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:40 am

"For now," Tithenor agreed.  "Class will be starting soon.  We should go.  I will bring back comments and notes, and, yes, I should have enough time to fetch you some partchment and ink so if you desire, you can write on Professor Lucius' assignment.  You should not let this down time go to waste, hmm?  Mark, please run to the kitchen and see if there is anything left we can eat while on the move.  We have missed breakfast, but we should still eat something."

Pat tried to calm down for her dragon's sake.  "Nightshade, please, please stop," she whimpered.  "I'll... I'll be okay.  I'll find a way to be okay."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:47 am

Blade nodded. "All right. When you have time, and after it's written, would you please read over is and make sure I spelled everything correctly?"

Mark nodded and ran to the kitchens, asking politely and explaining what made them miss breakfast.

Nightshade kept whining and squirming. How could she calm down if she didn't know what she was being calm over? What if Pat was upset over something bad, or something Nightshade herself did? The dragon kept freaking out.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:13 am

"It would be my honor," Tithenor replied with a shallow bow. "My absolute honor."

The cooks were understanding, especially when it was clear it was Blade who needed the food. They promptly handed over a large basket of food for the four of them and wished Blade and Erika a Ellen.

"It's not you, Nightshade, it's me!" Pat declared in frustration. "Leave it alone, please!"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Mark thanked them kindly and hurried back to the rookery to meet up with everyone.

Nightshade looked startled at Pat as she raised her voice at the dragon. She slowly crawled off of Pat's lap and back into her stall. Her rider wanted to be left alone... But her rider would never have yelled at her like this..... right?
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Pat felt like a knife had gone through her heart.  Standing, she made her way out of the rookery and walked toward heir first class.  She felt in a daze.

Tithenor made certain Blade was comfortable, thanking Mark for the food.  "I believe Patrick has gotten a head start on us.  Blade, eat and drink and rest.  Keep your eyes and ears open, okay?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:20 pm

Nightshade curled up in her stall and cried softly to herself. She had adored her sensitive and caring rider, but this Pat wasn't her.

Blade nodded and ate, still holding Erika. "I'll do my best here."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:24 pm

"Good."  Tithenor patted Blade then Erika before leaving.  He paused, frowning at Nightshade.  Quietly he bent and picked her up.  "It will be alright, sweetheart.  Why don't you come with me?  Pat is just distressed."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Nightshade just cried. She was smaller and softer than Mellon in Tithenor's arms. Mellon translated that Nightshade was upset because something is wrong with Pat, but Pat won't tell her what and Pat isn't acting like the Pat Nightshade loved so much now.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:30 pm

What next? Mark was going to fall off the edge of the island? Tithenor buried the thought and stroked Nightshade. "At ease, little one. I will speak to Pat. For now, stay with me. I will look after you."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Nightshade sniffled and cuddled into Tithenor. The dragon was sad, and just wanted to be held and stroked right now.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:57 pm

Tithenor craddled her in his arms, at a loss what else to do as he carried the dragon along to class, keeping an eye on his own dragon.  He was distracted during class, busy watching Pat.  Pat was even more distracted, making mistake after mistake.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:23 pm

Nightshade didn't do much. She didn't want to play with Mellon, no matter how hard he tried, but felt only a little better when he tried to comfort her. Nightshade wanted Pat. Her Pat, and not this cagey stranger pretending to be Pat.

Mark frowned as he noticed Pat continuing to mess up. He walked over to his friend partway through class. "Pat? Is everything all right?"
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Pat nearly jumped out of her skin.  "Fine!" she yelped.  "Fine.  I'm fine.  I have to go.  I need to... I need to go."

"Go where?" Tithenor frowned.

"To... To the loo," Pat mumbled.  "Breakfast didn't sit well."

"But... you did not even eat breakfast," Tithenor said, puzzled as he watched the lad bolt away.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:32 pm

"Now, I'm not as good at reading people as Blade," Mark said, "but it almost seems like Pat is trying to hide something, maybe? He's been jumpy all morning."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Tithenor inclined his head.  "Perhaps even frightened, but of what?  I have not seen anyone that nervous and fretful in all my years.  It seems a loud noise shall cause a panic attack.  Come, we need to get to Wilderness class."  He leaned down and scooped up Nightshade, whispering a few words of praise to Mellon for looking after her.

(kind of killing time until lunch hour when something else happens)
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:42 pm

(We can skip through Wilderness class if you want XD)

Nightshade didn't seem to want to do anything, but wanted her Pat back. Mellon, of course, softly churred this to Tithenor.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:48 pm

"I know," Tithenor sighed, walking along.  "So do I."

(Yes, please.)
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Wilderness class was fairly uneventful, and seemed to go by in a blurr. Mark tried to talk to Pat again as they let out. "Pat, are you sure everything is fine? You've been acting weird all morning."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:57 pm

"I'm fine!" Pat insisted, hugging herself.  "I'm just not feeling well is all.  Please just leave me alone, Mark."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:59 pm

"If you're not feeling well, then at least go see 53." Mark insisted.

(Please railroad this to fit your plan XD I have no idea where you need Mark or anyone...)
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:03 pm

"I will later," Pat mumbled, shrugging as she walked toward the mess hall.  She glanced toward Nightshade then away, unable to even look her dragon in the eye.  She felt so ashamed.

In the rookery, Erika still lay coiled up on Blade's chest, quiet and still.  She didn't have the will to do anything right now.  A bigger dragon could go roaring about and find her things, but she was just a baby dragon.  She felt helpless.
Alistair and his group minus Eric came in, laughing and pushing each other around.  "No worries, boys, after our latest haul, we won't have any worries at all," Alistair laughed.  "Where's Eric?"
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Nightshade just cuddled against Tithenor and mewled pitifully. Her usually pristinely and constantly groomed feathers were dull from the dust kicked up throughout the day, and flat instead of proudly displayed as normal.

Blade froze and became as quiet as he could be, listening. Haul? What haul? Haul as in loot, but then what... The pieces started to come together, but Blade stayed quiet. He didn't want to jump to conclusions just yet. He needed a little more information.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Tithenor paused by the door of the mess hall and looked at the dragons.  "Mark, would you be so kind as to bring me a plate out here?  I am going to stay with the dragons and try to get Nightshade cleaned up a little."

"Are you sure we won't need more?" one of the others asked.
Alistair laughed.  "After what we managed to steal?  Not hardly.  Come on, let's feed our dragons then go feed ourselves."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Mark nodded. "Of course. What do you want?"

Steal. That was it. Blade knew what he needed, and even started working on a possible way of getting everything back. However, he needed help, and he knew just the elf. Blade remained perfectly still until Alistair and his goonies were gone. He made sure to note Eric was not among them, and should things escalate, to make sure Eric got off scott free from this.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next