Peaceful Wolf

A Place dedicated to being Calm, and peaceful.

Dragon Rider Play

SilentVoice

Re: Dragon Rider Play

Post by SilentVoice on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:58 am

"Nightshade is okay.  She landed on top of me," Pat said, wincing as she sat.  "I did twist my ankle, but I'm alright."

Tithenor noted the red, swollen ankle and glanced at Mark.  "He should go to the medical wing.  Please help him there while I let Blackwater know.  Thank you for guarding it, Blade."

As the elf walked off, Warrior and Erika stood on the edge of the hole, chirping to each other as they studied it.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Mark nodded and picked the smaller boy to carry him there. It'd be quicker and less stress on that ankle. "Warrior, don't get too close to the hole." He warned as he left with Pat.

Blade picked up Erika and peered down in with her. He was confident about not falling in, but was worried his dragon might fall and get hurt.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:53 pm

"Sorry," Pat mumbled, clinging to Mark awkwardly.  
    Warrior barked and scampered after his rider.

Erika churred questioningly.  What was down there?

Tithenor approached Blackwater and waited for recognition.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Mark shrugged. He didn't mind. He took Part straight to 53.

Nightshade whined and followed Mark. She was hungry and there was still gunky in her feathers!

Blade didn't know, but didn't want to find out the hard way.

Blackwater looked up as Tithenor approached. "Yes?" He asked.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm

53 examined Pat's ankle closely.  "It will be fine.  It's strained, but nothing is torn or broken."
    Pat sighed. "I'm going to be spending a lot of time in here, aren't I?"
    "Unless you learn to be more careful, yes," 53 chuckled.  "There's a sink there in the back you can use to help Nightshade clean up while I bandage this ankle, Mark."

"Sir, there appears to be an old trap left unattended in the woods," Tithenor explained.  "Young Patrick fell in and was injured."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:56 pm

Mark nodded and took the disgruntled dragon to wash up. Nightshade tolerated it, but wasn't happy. Pat would have been way more gentle!

Blackwater stood and nodded. "Pat found a hole...." He murmured to himself what the trees told him. They hadn't clarified Pat fell DOWN a hole and got hurt though. "Where is this pitfall?" He asked Tithenor.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:14 am

"Once you are finished, please help Pat to the bunkhouse to rest for the rest of the day," 53 told Mark when he was finished.
    Pat groaned.  "I miss another day??"
    "One day.  If you stay off that ankle today, you will be back tomorrow," 53 assured her.

Tithenor agreed and led the way back to the hole guarded by the curious dragon and rider duo.
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:20 am

(Time skip soon?)

Mark nodded and finished up. Nightshade grumbled. She was still hungry, but she was not going to let Mark feed her. She preferred Pat.

Blade looked up as they approached. Blackwater spoke softly to Loam in the Dryad tongue, and the dragon flew off. When he returned, he had a bunch of cut logs and roping. Blackwater asked Tithenor and Blade to help him make a sturdy platform to place over the hole until he could fill it after class.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:24 am

(Soon.  I like them to be smooth and natural.  It's the book writer in me.  You'll see!)

"Sorry about putting you through all this," Pat mumbled to Mark, petting Nightshade, "but could you help me to the rookery to feed Nightshade?"
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:26 am

Mark smiled. "It's no problem. Want me to carry you again, or just support?"
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:27 am

Pat hesitated then gave up.  "If you carry me, maybe I'll actually be able to attend classes tomorrow."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:58 am

Mark nodded and picked Pat up once again and walked over to the rookery. Nightshade followed on Mark's heels. No way was she leaving her rider while Pat was hurt!
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:01 am

Pat waited until she had Nightshade fed, cleaned, and satisfied before allowing herself to be returned to the bunk.  "This is ridiculous," she grumbled.  "I come to an academy to get taught how to live outside of my tiny little box, and I end up spending all my time in the medic's ward."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:03 am

Nightshade insisted on going with Pat to her bunk and staying with her rider, and it seemed no amount of bribing and begging would change the loyal dragon's mind.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:21 am

Over the next two months, Pat did spend a lot of time in the ward.  Never anything too serious, although she did break her finger once, and she found herself learning more about medical procedures than anything else, and it wasn't even really taught.  Once a week 53 would go over some field medicine, but that was all they took time for.  She kept her knowledge quiet, afraid the teachers wouldn't like her unconventional training.

Tithenor remained their leader, or Alpha as the dragons considered him.  He never overstepped his bounds with letting the riders deal with their own dragons, but he did keep them all in line.  There was no contesting his skill with a bow and he was easily second in almost every other aspect of fighting.  Blade, of course, still managed to beat him when it came to sharp weapons.  Speaking of Blade, Tithenor decided he didn't like calling his "little brother" by the name of a tool and so, only in private, he began slipping in the occasional use of Blade's real name.  If Blade chose to use his real name in public, that was his choice, and Tithenor would not offend him that way, but it was the elf's hope eventually Blade would come to use it.

The dragons grew fast, and by this time the larger ones were the size of dogs, some standing waist high on their riders.  Big, but still only half way to rideable size.  Krudd still hadn't figured out how to even saddle the throny Erika and Erika wouldn't let him close to her unless Blade directly ordered it.  She was a clever little dragon, soon catching on to Nightshade's trick of opening the cages and would roam where she pleased at night, always coming home before dawn.  They were out of their cages now and each had their own stall.  She preferred her stall as it had more corners to hide things in.  Warrior was still more like a big friendly dog than a dragon in temper except that he was easily offended.  On the up side, he was also quick to forgive.

(and whatever yours are up to)
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:36 am

Blade picked up how to read pretty well. He still had some trouble with the writing part, and reading larger words that he hadn't even heard before, but otherwise picked up the skill fairly quickly with repetition and Tithenor's guidance. On top of that, he had asked the elf to teach him how to speak elvish. He wanted to learn about the world his "big brother" grew up in, and wanted to be able to talk to him in his native tongue. Blade had also learned the art of forging things pretty well, and even offered to help the dwarf when he could if Krudd needed it.

Mark had grown more to researching and memorizing everything he could about riders, their history, and other cultures. If they were to represent themselves, they had to be able to graciously respect other cultures, right?

Melloraumo soon found out how to control his freezing ability, and was growing to be a big and strong dragon. He was one of the larger ones that reached Tithenor's waist, and while not as rambunctious as Warrior, was still a very active and curious dragon. He even figured out how to fly for a little ways. Nightshade, on the other hand, could fly farther, and wasn't as big as Mellon. She was a sleeker looking dragon, and fast too. Nightshade had an almost delicate look about her, but upon a closer examination, you could see sharp claws and teeth, and sinewy muscles over her slender frame.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:39 am

One evening, after a particularly hard and grueling day of class and work, Tithenor gathered them together.  "Come, let us celebrate tonight."
    "Celebrate what?" Pat asked, wiping off the sweat from her face.
    Tithenor smiled.  "You did not get hurt once today and even disarmed Mark during class."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:50 am

Blade grinned. "How are we celebrating?" He could get behind this..... well, whatever Tithenor had planned.

Mark smiled. "That was a nice disarm, Pat." He complimented again.

Nightshade purred. She was proud of her rider too. She was glad Pat was fitting in and had such good friends.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:43 am

"Meet me after dinner tonight at the hot springs," Tithenor said with a rare smile.
    Pat's face was red at the comment about her not getting hurt, but she smiled at Mark. "Thank you. It was an accident."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:51 am

Blade grinned. "Will do, captain. I'm actually going to talk to Krudd. I think I have an idea how to at least make a harness Erika wouldn't be able to shred in two seconds."

Mark smiled. He always enjoyed when his elf friend had a reason to smile. "Pat, it's an accident I hope becomes habit for you."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:02 pm

"That will be most helpful," Tithenor agreed. "I hope you will excuse us, but Mellon and I have an errand to run." He bowed to them and called for Mellon as he moved off.

Pat blushed a little deeper. She still had that annoying habit at compliments. "Thank you. You're getting to be an expert at those scythe things."
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:13 pm

Mellon happily bounded after Tithenor. He was the strength and size now that when his rider was standing for long anough while he was bored, Mellon would headbutt Tithenor to try and knock him over. Mellon meant well in this, but he enjoyed moving around and being active more.

Blade grinned and asked Erika if she will come to the forge with him to talk to Krudd. "I know you aren't his biggest fan, but I want his opinion on a harness I might try and make for you. And if THAT works, it may help some in making a saddle for you down the road."

Mark smiled. "Thanks. Blade has been a good teacher." He got an idea. "Want to hit up the library? I kind of want to look some stuff up."
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:13 pm

Tithenor smiled at his dragon as he headed toward the medical ward.  "/Be calm in here, Melloraumo.  It will only take me a moment and then we shall be out again./"

Erika huffed and shook herself, rattling her spines irritably.  Fine!  Since he asked nicely.  She dropped onto her wings to walk, shortening her height for Blade's hip to about his knee, give or take.  It was difficult to judge her exact height with the spines.

"Okay!" Pat agreed eagerly.  "Nightshade, do you want to come or go play in the rookery?"
    Dark Silence

Post by Dark Silence on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Mellon purred an agreement and became very behaved.

Blade smiled. "Little lady, if Krudd thinks this will work, and it does, my idea could allow me to right you someday and not get torn to shreds." On top of the leather vest, which was about all he wore on his top half nowadays to limit the ruin of his shirts, and hs cloak, he had also taken up wearing leather bracers on his forearms so he could still hug his dragon and not give 53 a heart attack at the state of his arms. Once there, Blade called out loudly for the professor. He didn't know if he was working on something loud or not.

Nightshade stood and rubbed her head against Pat's thigh. She wanted to go with her rider, of course. The library sounded wonderful, and the dragon liked the smell of books and the peaceful quiet there.
    SilentVoice

Post by SilentVoice on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:27 pm

As promised, Tithenor only took a few minutes in the healer's ward.  Most of it was spent dealing with 53's confusion at his request, but in the end the healer agreed and handed over the desired items.  The elf left happy and took Mellon to the first Wild Island and let him run while the elf hunted and gathered what he needed from the wild vegetation.  Tithenor stayed in tune with his dragon, listening to his rompings, but the elf was confident there was nothing on the island that could harm him at this age.

Erika sighed and looked up at Blade, trilling softly.  She'd behave for him.
    "I'm in the back!" came the dwarf's grunt.  "Get yer rump back here if ye need anythin', I ain't comin' to ye!"  At the moment, the dwarf was wrestling with a very delicate spring loaded mechanism and leaving it now would have gears and springs flying all over his work station.

"We're coming," Pat smiled as she followed Mark.
    Warrior was wandering around, following a butterfly wherever it led and having a very happy time doing it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:41 am