Peaceful Wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Rider Play

2 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Dragon Rider Play - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragon Rider Play

Post by Dark Silence Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Alterrion went next, and chose the ringleader who had picked on Pat. He had shown strong potential as a fighter in his class.

Blackwater considered. He looked around at the riders with their dragons before he took a slight risk and chose the only elf there. "Tithenor." He said.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Tithenor picked up Mellon and went to stand with Blackwater. He was against Blade. That would be wonderful. He made a note to keep his eye on the crafty human. As long as he kept sight of him, he couldn't sneak in close.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Blackwater nodded for Krudd to take a second turn.

As it went on, Mark became a bit nervous. Who would pick him? Or would he be an odd man out?
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:23 pm

Krudd considered then pointed to another boy. Lucious again took a long time to choose before motioning to Mark.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:27 pm

Mark felt better once he was picked.

After everyone was picked, Blackwater explained the game again. "This is capture the flag. Riders, you will be baring a flag your team leader gives you. In order to take a flag and get points, you must use your dragons to get other rider's flags, and bring them back to your team leader. If your flag is taken, you may try and have your dragon steal it back before the team leader get it. Once we get it, you are out. Whichever team has the last man standing wins five bonus points."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:50 pm

This sounded silly and pointless, but Tithenor supposed this was for the dragons to have fun, not the riders. He wasn't sure how it was supposed to help, but perhaps he was being too narrowminded. He knelt by Mellon. "/Do you understand, little friend?/" he asked softly.

The Frillback chirped and gave his wings a tiny flap. He wanted points! Points were good! Points were good, right?
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Mellon tilted his head at his rider. He hadn't been listening to the dryad.

Mark smiled. "Yes, they are important. But you need to listen so we get points, okay?"

Blackwater walked around and instructed his team to tie the green scarves he had just handed out loosely around their ankles so the hatchlings could take them off easily.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:51 am

Tithenor patiently repeated the game, explaining as nest he could. He didn't even think about the fact that he was speaking Elvish. His dragon would end up understanding Elven better that. This common tongue at this rate.

Krudd had red scarves he handed out, and Lucious gave out white. They seemed appropriate colors for the teachers.

When Blade was handed his scarf, Erika was instantly interested. What was this fluffy thing that tried to stick to her?

The Frillback churred softly. He could behave and listen!
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:00 am

Alterrion's scarves were light blue. He and Blackwater patiently waited for everyone to get ready.

Melloraumo understood now. He licked Tithenor's hand. He would get lots of scarves for his rider.

Blade grinned at Erika. "We need to get all the different ones of these but the red ones, Erika." Blade said. "This is an okay time for you to take things, because that's how we win the game."

Mark smiled and explained the game to his dragon. "... I know you will do well."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:16 am

Tithenor rubbed his head gently.  "/Be careful and be stealthy, my little one./" He hesitated a moment then instructed, "/Leave Blade's and Mark's alone until the end unless they go for mine./"

Erika purred, her tail whipping excitedly.  This was going to be Fun!  No red ones.  Blue and white and green.  Those were good colors.  The green was hard to see against the green grass.

The Frillback bobbed his head.  He would do well!  He would do very well for his rider!  Oh yes he would!

Krudd stepped closer to Blackwater.  "Scribbles and I are set up," he said, nodding to Lucious.  He knew the professor hated the nickname.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:25 am

Alterrion nodded and Blackwater started the game.

"Go get 'em, and make sure they don't take mine!" Blade took Erika. "You and I lose if that happens!"

Mellon chirped and crouched in the grass some as he stalked a person with a white flag.

Mark smiled and put his Frillback down. "Okay. Go get all but white flags!" He encouraged.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:34 am

(Quick check, Blade - Red, Mark - White, Tithenor - Green.  Right?)

Erika squeaked at the challenge and took off, all but invisible in the taller grass.  She stuck to that, sneaking up on people distracted by yelling at their dragons.  The spiky little dragon creeped up behind one and snagged his flag carefully, turning her head and sticking the flag to her spines as she scampered off, avoiding the other hatchlings.

Blue moved to a nice patch of short grass, watching Mellon with one eye while keeping an eye on the area around him.  This was harder that it should have been...  Far Sight was not always an advantage.  He let out a soft whistle, catching Mellon's attention and directing him to another player who was watching his dragon run back with a flag and cheering.  He wasn't even interested in his feet.

The little Frillback took off, running as fast as he could.  He grabbed the first flag he saw and bolted back, not realizing the other had tied his flat a little too well.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:17 pm

(Yes. I do think that's right)

Blade grinned at how clever his dragon was. She was a smart little bugger!

Melloraumo snagged a white flag and bounded back. The bulkier little guy shouldered off a smaller dragon that had tried to stop him from taking his rider's flag. Mellon proudly brought the flag to Blackwater, who put it in his basket to count his team's points later. The little dragon bounded happily to Tithenor, proud of himself.

Mark called out and guided his Frillback in untying the knot to get the flag.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Erika managed to steal two more without notice, but on flag number four, the young rider spotted her and sicked his hatchling on her.  Erika hissed, arching her back and displaying her spines.  The hatchling whimpered and backed down long enough for Erika to turn and run, taking her prizes to Blade.  She didn't care about taking them to Krudd, she wasn't getting them for him.  It was for her rider!

Tithenor knelt and rubbed Mellon's crest proudly.  "/Well done!  Very well done, Melloraumo!/"  He spotted a human a ways off calling out and making signals.  Ah, he was sending his dragon after him.  Tithenor pointed out the lad to Mellon, careful not to draw attention to himself.  "/Get that one./"

The Frillback growled and tried to undo the knot, wrapping himself around the startled boy's ankle.  It wouldn't come OFF!  Finally, the whole thing tore off, and the Frillback bolted, knowing the other's dragon would be after him.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Blade laughed a little and collected the scarves. "Good work! This will help out our team a lot." He scratched under Erika's chin in praise. After she went off to get more, Blade counted how many she got and handed the scarves to Krudd. "Did you see how she used her spikes to her advantage? She's so smart!" He said cheerily to Krudd.

Mellon chuffed softly and went to the rider and took the scarf. The boy noticed though and sicked his dragon on Mellon. Mellon soon found out he couldn't out maneuver the smaller dragon, but he had to bring the scarf back to Tithenor! Mellon crouched and did a mighty jump over the other hatchling. On instinct, he spread his wings and glided for a couple yards before he touched ground and ran to Tithenor.

Mark cheered on his little dragon and encouraged him. He knew the breeds, and that his Friklback could outrun the other dragon if he tried hard enough.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:49 pm

"Aye, I can't wait to see the trouble you two clever hatchling get up to," Krudd chuckled, storing them away.  "Just be careful.  Doesn't happen often, but I've seen dragons smart enough that they question why they have to listen to their riders.  Bad things usually happen after that."

Erika stalked through the grass, her eyes fixed on a green scarf.  Just a little closer... little closer... Got it!

Tithenor stared in amazement.  Had he seen correctly?  Mellon was much too young to be flying!  But he had.  Tithenor crouched and scooped up Mellon.  "/Well done!/" he praised, lavishing his little dragon with affection as he walked to Blackwater to turn over the scarves.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Blade nodded. "I like to think that we are friends as well as rider and dragon, so maybe that will help?" He thought aloud.

Mellon churred happily. He wiggled, pleased with himself and how proud his rider was.

Blackwater chuckled softly. "Your dragon is growing quickly, Tithenor. It is a sure sign that you are already raising him well." He complimented. The dryad stored the scarves away in a basket on his dragon's back.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:07 pm

(I'm sorry, Mark, just realized I managed to forget your dragon)

"Aye, that'll help," Krudd nodded, grinning a bit as he watched a fight break out between two blue scarved lads.  "Oi!  Angel wings!  There's dissension in yer ranks."

"Thank you, sir," Tithenor said politely, barely able to keep his wriggling dragon contained.  He let Mellon squirm a bit longer then lifted him up, putting his nose against his dragon's.  "/Still, my little friend,/" he purred.  "/Calm.  Our war has just begun.  We have many more scarves to retrieve.  Are you up to the task?/"

The Frillback put his all into his run.  He ran so hard, he couldn't stop when he reached Mark and ended up rolling head over heels like a tire when he reached his Rider, stopping by slamming into Mark's ankles and flopping out over his feet.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:20 pm

(Lol. Mark forgives you)

Alterrion noted the scuffle and growled. He strode over and grabbed the boys, one in each hand by the back of their shirts, and lifted them up off the ground and away from each other. The angel looked like a wrathful and avenging one as he glared between the two. He did not take kindly to infighting among teams or in his ranks. "You are both disqualified from this game." He said in a soft tone that sounded way scarier and more angry than if he yelled. "Get out of here, and pray I neither see nor hear of you two for the rest of the day. You will come in early to my class tomorrow and polish all the weapons and armor. You will not leave nor attend any other classes until I am satisfied that they have a mirror shine. If you have to miss your next class, I will make sure you will receive failing grades for that day. Do I make myself clear?"

Melloraumo chirped happily and excitedly. He will get lots of scarves for Tithenor!

Mark smiled and scooped his wonderful dragon up, lavishing his little beast in love and praise. He took the scarf to Lucious with a smile on his face.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:29 pm

The pair whimpered a couple of "yes, sir's," waiting for Alterrion to put them down before picking up their dragons and scurrying off.

Tithenor set him down.  "/I know you will not disappoint me.  There are two boys on the far side of the field. They are talking.  They will not notice you take their scarves if you are quiet.  Will you do that for me?/"

The Frillback's whole body vibrated with the strength of his purring as he licked his rider's chin.  He did it!!
"Well done," Lucious said, handing the flag to his own dragon, who hid it away.  "I had my doubts for a moment."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:36 pm

(I wonder what would happen if a rider kicked another rider's dragon? What would the reprecussions be, especially if the baby dragon got hurt?)

Alterrion dropped them to the ground and watched the pair scramble off. He handed the light blue flags to Krudd as a thanks for catching it before it escalated too much. "I doubt that they will cause any trouble for a good while."

Mellon crouched and stalked over to the boys, slowly and carefully. He gingerly took the scarves off with only some slight tugging before he bolted back to Tithenor.

Mark grinned. "Sir, if it's one thing I know, it's dragon breeds. I have raised at least half of the breeds here, and researched more than that."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:42 pm

(That would depend on whether or not it was intentional.  The rider would know the dragon was hurt, kind of like an echo of pain, but not feel the pain to the full extent.  If it was intentional, the Headmaster would deal with them.)

Krud snorted, stashing the flags away.  "With you ready to whip their scrawny butts?  I doubt ever in your presence."

The boys glanced down, but too late, and didn't notice at first their scarves were missing.  When they did, they let out a shout, but didn't know which of the dashing hatchlings had their scarves.

Lucious raised an eyebrow.  "I meant I doubted your dragon would get the flag off the other's foot.  I expected him to reach down and pick him up.  He really deserves a name, you know."
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:48 pm

(I am half tempted for that to happen now. I could see some of the crueler boys kicking away a dragon to make sure their flag isn't taken...)

Alterrion nodded. "I did tell them that they have to polish all the weapons until I am satisfied, and they cannot attend their other classes until they do. If they miss a class, I said they get a fail in that class for that day."

Mellon bounded happily to his rider. Another dragon tried to take Tithenor's scarf, but Melloraumo reared on his hind legs at the other dragon. He clawed the air, flapped his wings, and hissed. The other dragon yelped and quickly retreated.

Mark sighed. "I've been trying to come up with a name he likes, but it's a lot harder than I previously thought."
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentVoice Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:54 pm

(What would make it funny is if they kicked Erika.  Considering they'd basically be kicking spikes.)

"Harsh, but fair," Krudd said with a casual nod.  Personally, he'd have walloped them both, but to each his own.

"/Well done!/" Tithenor praised, collecting the scarves from his dragon.  "/ That was very well done, indeed!  I am proud of you.  Do you wish to get that dragon's rider's scarf?/"  The next target would be Mellon's choice, but with that dragon now nervous about him, it would make for an easier target.

Lucious was about to say something when his attention was drawn by a yelp.  The Frillback in question had apparently tipped a boy and now had a hold of the scarf, growling and shaking his head as he tried to get the thing off!  The boy's dragon seemed confused and unsure what to do while the rider was trying and failing to regain his footing.
"I must make mention to tie the scarves much more loosely," Lucious remarked calmly.
SilentVoice
SilentVoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Silence Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:02 pm

(Oh, Blade would make sure he made the other guy pay for kicking his dragon....)

Alterrion nodded respectfully to the half-dwarf. The angel had known Krudd for a very long time, and he was one of few people that held great respect from him. He was one of very few that Alterrion would do favors for if asked without asking of anything in turn.

Melloraumo bounded off to get the scarf. He squeaked in surprise as the rider's dragon tackled him before he could grab the scarf.

Mark smiled and talked to his dragon, and guided him with words how to untie the knot.
Dark Silence
Dark Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next